Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

spotted a red S6 Avant in Northern Michigan last weekend (Empire)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spotted a red S6 Avant in Northern Michigan last weekend (Empire)

was towing a trailer, had business name on side windows, may have been a mechanic, and family in the car, did not catch the state of the plate.
anyone here???
Forrest
Old 10-13-2004, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Most likely the guy from...

Community Auto Repair in GR, MI.

He has a red S6 avant with tinted windows, suspension and Ronal wheels.

His shop name is on the rear side windows in white and yellow. Sound familiar?

Steve
Michigan
Old 10-14-2004, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

yes, Steve thats it, Community Auto, you know him?
Old 10-22-2004, 07:32 AM

Default Re: yes, Steve thats it, Community Auto, you know him?

My house is 2 blocks away from Community auto. Richard Zaagman is the shop owner and owns that awesome S6 Avant. It's been his baby for about 6 years or so. He thought the motor was going because he had a pretty bad miss under load. He tried a bunch of things to cure the issue and finally switched from a TAP chip to the MTM from Anderson and noted the MTM performed MUCH better.. the miss was just exaggerated with the higher boost levels. The problem ended up being in his intake.... One of the performance shops noted trying a screen in front of the mass air flow meter or something like that.. He put a fine mesh screen(not sure if it's a factory part?) and the problem was fixed.

The first time I talked to him about his car was on a Saturday and he had all the lower strips off of the doors and he was cleaning, and touching up where the paint was rubbed off so it wouldn't rust... that's detail!

Forrest, you going to make it to Grand Rapids for the Krispy Kreme GTG 11/6/04? give me a call if you are.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:25 AM

Default Old post, but here's a reply

Originally Posted by ATMOS
My house is 2 blocks away from Community auto. Richard Zaagman is the shop owner and owns that awesome S6 Avant. It's been his baby for about 6 years or so. He thought the motor was going because he had a pretty bad miss under load. He tried a bunch of things to cure the issue and finally switched from a TAP chip to the MTM from Anderson and noted the MTM performed MUCH better.. the miss was just exaggerated with the higher boost levels. The problem ended up being in his intake.... One of the performance shops noted trying a screen in front of the mass air flow meter or something like that.. He put a fine mesh screen(not sure if it's a factory part?) and the problem was fixed.

The first time I talked to him about his car was on a Saturday and he had all the lower strips off of the doors and he was cleaning, and touching up where the paint was rubbed off so it wouldn't rust... that's detail!

Forrest, you going to make it to Grand Rapids for the Krispy Kreme GTG 11/6/04? give me a call if you are.
Actually, the problem never went away, the miss was so intermittent it was impossible to find
Old 05-14-2009, 10:27 AM

Actually, the miss never went away. It was so intermittent it was pretty much impossible to diagnose. My guess is that most people wouldn't even notice that miss, I'm just too fussy I guess.