Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Springs Springs Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs Springs Springs

OK here is the deal. I have read most of the archive on the subject but still I am unsure as to what direction to go. The present set up on the car is H&R coils on Bilstien HD, looks great on the car but the ride for Montreal roads is bone jarring. The car is suffering from the the lack of travel for the potholes and speed bumps, plus the front bumper is getting thine from all the scratching I still want the lowered stance for the car.

So I figured that I have to change the coils to a lower rate. Thus I have ruled out any of the eibach options as from what I have read they are very close to the H&R in ride. The ABTs sound like they would be perfect but are very very rare.

The other option is to go wiith a set of 92s but still a rare find thou they do seem to crop up every once in a while. The S6+ coils are just too expensive at 600$+.

My other option would seem to be the Vogtlands. The problem is that there does not seem to be many of you out there that have selected this option as they seem to be undersprung. I do like the fact that they have a progressive spring rate.

UrSoccer_mobileĀ® did you actually get a set? On your profile it says you have eibach but your pics show the vogtland coil. Any feed back?

Are there any feasable options I have missed barring the coilover with custom srings?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am running eibachs right now and they are almost as stiff/firm as the H&R's

The Vogtlands in my pic poster is not mine but someone else's who happened to have the perch up-side-down.

I think 92's would be your best bet here. The Someone here has the vogtlands and they seem as low as the eibach - and am sure just as stiff.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: H&R coils on Bilstien HD

Should be using Sports. The HDs are not operating in the range thay were intended for.

That may explain your lack of travel.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Correction

So after a conversation with the previous owner (Swordfish)the car has Bilstein Touring in the front and Boge OE rears coils are H&R Sport.

So it turns out I have 92 coils on the car as the OE equipment sitting in the spare parts room. However I will try and obtain the ABT coils which should place the car just where I want it...

I will keep you all posted...