Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Where to buy URS4 parts reliably?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where to buy URS4 parts reliably?

Hi guys

My friend is selling his URS4 and I was thinking about maybe buying it. The car isn't the cleanest but I heard these cars are tanks...

I was just wondering, does Audi even make parts for these cars anymore? If not, where else can I get parts reliably? I know 034motorsports.com carries a bunch of parts for these cars like timing belts and stuff (are the water pumps on these cars special? Or are they on other cars, too?), but what about other parts like control arms and suspension components?

Basically I don't want to buy this car and be left high and dry when something breaks on it; is that even possible anymore or is it considered too old?

Thanks,
Elliott
Old 05-10-2011, 08:46 PM
TJT
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Elliott,

The best way to get parts for these beasts are on cars that are being parted out. Unfortunately, these cars are rare and the parts are becoming more and more scarce. I would recommend looking for URS6 parts as well considering they are almost identical cars. You have to really look for certain parts for these cars. As long as the car doesn't have body damage (ex. front bumper or something like that) then finding parts isn't too difficult. If you look on Ebay, you can find stuff as well. Search for URS4 or URS6 because a lot of sites just sell generic parts and key in on the S6 part and not the actual car. Look around for yourself though. I would say find out exactly what is wrong with the car, post it up here and we can work from there. I am sure others have more input on this as well. Oh and also, look http://www.audionlineparts.com/splas...?siteid=215021
Other than that, a lot of people have spare parts sometimes lying around, you just have to look hard... hope this helped...
Old 05-10-2011, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's another site for genuine parts - http://www.audipartsnationwide.com/p...?siteid=215503

We're obviously big fans of this car, but I think you can usually find the parts you need for this Audi.

Blauparts is another site....
Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depends where you are located. For new parts over the internet, lots of UrS owners use FAP99, Arizona Autohaus and Genuine Audi Parts, e.g.

http://genuineaudiparts.com/partloca...?siteid=214407

For used parts there is Shokan and Force5 in the east.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys I really appreciate it.

fap99.com seems to be a really good site and they seem to have like EVERYTHING in stock. Has anyone ever ordered from there before here? Do they really have everything in stock or they just say they do?

I really want to know what the problem areas of these cars are.

For example, do the coil packs usually have problems? Looking at the price they'e $146 each...OUCH. That would hurt to replace 5 of them; and just plain not worth it on a $2500 car.

Seals, water pumps, etc, etc, etc?

I've looked at audi20v.net but the information there seems unorganized and hard to look at...

Thanks,
Elliott
Old 05-11-2011, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If you think a $2500 UrS is a cheap car, it will eat you alive. Spend your money on a used Corolla.

You should do some more reading:

http://s-cars.org/site/archives/630

http://www.s-cars.org/postnuke/modul...titleA&show=20

Timing belts are especially critical.

Complete replacement ignitions systems are available from between $375 and $650 from Apikol. EFI Express and 034 Motorsports.

These cars are not for the faint-hearted or for those incapable of doing much of their own work.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UrS4boy
If you think a $2500 UrS is a cheap car, it will eat you alive. Spend your money on a used Corolla.

You should do some more reading:

http://s-cars.org/site/archives/630

http://www.s-cars.org/postnuke/modul...titleA&show=20

Timing belts are especially critical.

Complete replacement ignitions systems are available from between $375 and $650 from Apikol. EFI Express and 034 Motorsports.

These cars are not for the faint-hearted or for those incapable of doing much of their own work.
Thanks. Well $2500 is a pretty cheap price to me, but I know that it won't be cheap to fix.

I have a Passat B5 with over 215k miles on it so I know all about problems...I do all of the work myself.

Thanks again.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is either Riverside Audi or Meadowlands Audi in NJ. They use a catalog designed by collision repair companies and not Audi. They mix S4/100 parts together so there are many errors. You need to always include your VIN # and order by part # if you can. The next post for Rector Audi in CA is a better choice. Miramar Audi in San Diego sells as genuinevwaudiparts.com. Both of these sites sell genuine parts for less than these east coast dealers and unless you are picking up the parts, the shipping and wait is about the same. Most parts will have to come from the warehouse, so very few can be had immediately. You will need to plan ahead as much as possible. If you can get your own copy of the Audi parts DVD so you can verify your own part numbers, that can help for the dealer only parts.

There are several aftermarket parts sellers that are reliable and generally sell quality stuff. You will always find some exceptions for parts quality. There have been lots of issues with Meyle parts with rubber bushings and plastic coolant tanks. FAP99 owns a UrS4 so he is well known. AutohausAZ has good prices as well as good service. Check germanautoparts.com also, since no one site will have every part you need nor the best price.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

A $2500 UrS-car plus fixes is more money than a $5K UrS-car plus fixes. There is a 95.5 Avant (silver on platinum) going for $5.5K on Staten Island.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yup I'm not saying it's going to be a perfect car and to be honest I don't know why the price is so low...he did some good work to it and he even sandblasted some parts at my house so that he could repaint them (front upright) because they were rusted...

Anyway I haven't even seen the car yet and I'm not saying I'll be buying it but if it's in not bad shape why not...

Thanks for your buyers guide I remember reading that somewhere before but couldn't find it again.

And thanks scarman!

Quick Reply: Where to buy URS4 parts reliably?