Audi Q6 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q6 e-tron SUV.

It’s coming…..

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Default It’s coming…..

As my MY21 ETron lease is up in June, and as much as I am thinking of just picking up a MY24 Q8 Etron, the Q6 ETron is also on my radar due to the increased range, as well as its sister the Macan EV. The big question for me will be whether these new PPE models will be as quiet and as smooth-riding as the Q8. I believe that both will have air suspension as an option.

https://insideevs.com/news/684799/20...enger-display/

Last edited by dcpmark; 01-01-2024 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

My 2021 e-tron SUV lease is up at the end of March, and the Q6 was most definitely on my radar. However, it keeps getting pushed back, and is clearly not going to be ready in time. It looks like I will be looking outside the Audi marquee for this next lease, but maybe I'll be back...
Old 01-02-2024, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BeefJerky
My 2021 e-tron SUV lease is up at the end of March, and the Q6 was most definitely on my radar. However, it keeps getting pushed back, and is clearly not going to be ready in time. It looks like I will be looking outside the Audi marquee for this next lease, but maybe I'll be back...
I believe you can extend your lease at the same terms, which is what I plan to do if the Q6 is not available by June. The interesting thing will be whether the Macan EV comes out earlier than the Q6, although this tidbit seems to suggest the Q6 will come first by agreement.

“The decision also has consequences for Porsche. In order to offer Audi a big stage in the electric segment, there is an internal agreement to present the Q6 e-tron before the Porsche Macan E, which is also based on the PPE architecture, and whose unveiling will thus also be postponed until March 2024 at the earliest. “Unless VW boss Oliver Blume, conveniently also Porsche boss, cancels the current agreement,” Automobilwoche wrote. Blume had declared in March 2023: “We will deliver both models to customers in 2024.” Whether this promise is still valid remains to be seen.”

https://www.electrive.com/2023/10/27...til-next-year/

Last edited by dcpmark; 01-02-2024 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-02-2024, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by dcpmark
I believe you can extend your lease at the same terms, which is what I plan to do if the Q6 is not available by June. The interesting thing will be whether the Macan EV comes out earlier than the Q6, although this tidbit seems to suggest the Q6 will come first by agreement.

“The decision also has consequences for Porsche. In order to offer Audi a big stage in the electric segment, there is an internal agreement to present the Q6 e-tron before the Porsche Macan E, which is also based on the PPE architecture, and whose unveiling will thus also be postponed until March 2024 at the earliest. “Unless VW boss Oliver Blume, conveniently also Porsche boss, cancels the current agreement,” Automobilwoche wrote. Blume had declared in March 2023: “We will deliver both models to customers in 2024.” Whether this promise is still valid remains to be seen.”

https://www.electrive.com/2023/10/27...til-next-year/
Yes, AFS will pretty much automatically extend your lease with the same terms for 6 mo. I did that with my 2019 while waiting for the Q8 etron to hit the US shores (I had been waiting for the Q6 etron, but we all know how that went!). My understanding is that if you then have an order placed for another Audi and are just waiting for it to show up, AFS can do a month by month for a few months.
Old 01-04-2024, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Although it’s not clear when the interview took place, this does not sound promising for those of us hoping for the Q6 by midyear.

While Audi previously announced it would stop launching internal combustion engine vehicles by 2026 and cease production of them completely by 2033, Weissland laid out a strategy that appears to equivocate on that plan in order to serve customers still on the fence about converting to EVs.“We will have to make sure in the next few years that we manage this transformation in a responsible and a sustainable way. That's why we're investing in both,” said Weissland. “We invest in electric vehicles with PPE, the premium platform for electric vehicles, which we're going launch Q6 e-tron at the end of this year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/edgarst...h=f0967ef4ee14
Old 01-07-2024, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 690 Likes on 501 Posts

Why do we have a new Q6 e-tron forum already? Was there an announcement this week? Is anything in production for sale in Europe or NA? Though it is sad that there is more action here this week than the Q4 forum. That forum is dead.
Old 01-07-2024, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
Why do we have a new Q6 e-tron forum already? Was there an announcement this week? Is anything in production for sale in Europe or NA? Though it is sad that there is more action here this week than the Q4 forum. That forum is dead.
The Q6 ETron is coming this year, and everything I’ve read suggests an official announcement in March, so as someone who is debating getting a new Q8 ETron or waiting for the Q6, I asked Admin to create the forum as a place to discuss it….there’s tons of content on it already as the car has been driven by the car media. Hopefully even more will come out in the next few months that will add to the discussion, but it’s possible nothing new will be added until the official announcement.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 690 Likes on 501 Posts

The Q6 ETron is coming this year, and everything I’ve read suggests an official announcement in March, so as someone who is debating getting a new Q8 ETron or waiting for the Q6, I asked Admin to create the forum as a place to discuss it….there’s tons of content on it already as the car has been driven by the car media. Hopefully even more will come out in the next few months that will add to the discussion, but it’s possible nothing new will be added until the official announcement.
March? It has been delayed again. We will be lucky to see it this year.

The problem with starting the subforum early is that it bifurcates information. First world problem I know. But now you are hoping that e-tron owners who follow the e-tron forum and will also follow the Q6 forum for updates on a car that does not exist yet. One could argue that we should just create Q5 and Q7 e-tron forums now, but I think that you maintain more critical mass keeping everybody together until there has been a product launch. But that is just me.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I believe you can extend your lease at the same terms, which is what I plan to do if the Q6 is not available by June.
Eh, it's something I might look into, but there are other cars on my radar that I'm considering (after dozens of test drives).

1) Hyundai Ioniq 5 - I like the looks, its comfortable, quiet, and I wouldn't mind a notably cheaper lease rate.

2) Lexus RZ - I know this one gets a lot of hate. The range isn't impressive, and it has an awful "fast charging" curve; definitely not a road trip car. However, it is otherwise a Lexus. It's super comfy inside, along with a quiet and smooth ride. It also comes with 30 days of free loaners over the first 3 years if I do need to road trip.

3) Genesis GV70 Electrified - I really like this one, a lot. I'd say it's a step up from my e-tron SUV in terms of the interior. And the MSRP for the top trim is a bit less than the mid trim Q8 e-tron. It's also a bit quieter and smoother, along with a distinct lack of motor noise when accelerating or using regen. They also just opened the dedicated Genesis dealer/service by me, so I no longer have to worry about the Hyundai experience. They treated me just as well as I've experienced at my Audi dealer, which is great.
Old 01-19-2024, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 401 Posts

Audi, how about a US Avant?

https://supercarblondie.com/audi-a6-avant-e-tron/

Quick Reply: It’s coming…..