Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

2024 Q8 Refresh

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you look at the update with the rs6/7 performance variant, they got like 30hp and 50nm torque bump vs the base to put it more in line with their BMW and Benz competition. They also had a small diet where they lose some weight with less sound deadening, light rims i think?
I am a little concern about the red stitiching interior as well. The rs6/7 no longer has the basic red stiitching interior and instead you have to choose the red rs design package where they put dynamica over everything, even replacing the carbon trim with it. I am not a big fan of alcantara, they don't wear well and hard to keep clean especially when you have kids.
Old 08-27-2023, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 793 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Feron315
I don't care for the new headlight and tailight. I only care if they release the performance package like they did for the rs6/7 which would make me pretty upset if i didn't get that haha. The only thing i am confused is why the audi system let my dealer and I configure a 2024 car if they haven't released any details and updates for the car. They even have the updated pricing and options (eg. Remote starter being included). I am still waiting for my dealer to get back to me but I have a feeling they won't know until the announcement.
I guess the RSQ8 refresh will come later. Possibly as a 2025 model. That's why there is RSQ8 MY2024 in the configurator.
Performance version is possible and seems like a logical upgrade step.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does Audi typically separate the refresh for their RS models? Most manufacturer announces all the trims at the same time during a refresh unless there is a significant change in the drivetrain (eg. Adding hybrid). Bmw refreshed it's MX5/6 along with the base x5/6 and even Porsche released it's cayenne turbo GT together with cayenne/s.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Does Audi typically separate the refresh for their RS models? Most manufacturer announces all the trims at the same time during a refresh unless there is a significant change in the drivetrain (eg. Adding hybrid). Bmw refreshed it's MX5/6 along with the base x5/6 and even Porsche released it's cayenne turbo GT together with cayenne/s.
There is no rule for that. Audi has often delayed refreshing the RS models.
Porsche in the Cayenne FL has also delayed the Cayenne GTS by a year, which will definitely not arrive until mid-2024.
The following users liked this post:
Mrclopec (09-01-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

If you look at the update with the rs6/7 performance variant, they got like 30hp and 50nm torque bump vs the base to put it more in line with their BMW and Benz competition. They also had a small diet where they lose some weight with less sound deadening, light rims i think?
I am a little concern about the red stitiching interior as well. The rs6/7 no longer has the basic red stiitching interior and instead you have to choose the red rs design package where they put dynamica over everything, even replacing the carbon trim with it. I am not a big fan of alcantara, they don't wear well and hard to keep clean especially when you have kids.
yes i have heard what you are saying about the alcantara. a friend of mine drove a used rsq8 and the alcantara steering wheel was destroyed. it looked like something out of a 12 to 15 year old car to me. don’t know if the driver was a big lotion wearer or what. Then a detailing guy I watch on youtube also talks about how poorly it wears on seats. I do like it on the headliner but that isn’t a surface you touch.
Old 08-27-2023, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
yes i have heard what you are saying about the alcantara. a friend of mine drove a used rsq8 and the alcantara steering wheel was destroyed. it looked like something out of a 12 to 15 year old car to me. don’t know if the driver was a big lotion wearer or what. Then a detailing guy I watch on youtube also talks about how poorly it wears on seats. I do like it on the headliner but that isn’t a surface you touch.
In many cars I had alcantara on the seats and on the steering wheel. Alcantara just needs to be cleaned. There are cleaning agents for this, but you can also do it with soapy water. In fact, alcantara is much easier to maintain than leather, which, even when cleaned and maintained, can crack and become more and more shiny.
Don't be afraid of Alcantara. Properly cleaned, even after years, it can look like new.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's an updated article.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2025-audi-sq8-spied-in-a-premiere-looks-very-tamed-for-a-v8-powered-sac-209632.html

Actual images of both Q8 and SQ8

Last edited by namvar; 08-31-2023 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:52 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Let’s not forget this…

New Audi naming strategy will split EV, ICE cars

Last edited by Mrclopec; 09-01-2023 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mrclopec
I'm more afraid it might be a Q7 Sportback than a Q9. Q9 already exists in the Chinese market.
Maybe they'll leave the Q8 for this generation though. The facelifted A8 and A6 remained.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by retom
I'm more afraid it might be a Q7 Sportback than a Q9. Q9 already exists in the Chinese market.
Maybe they'll leave the Q8 for this generation though. The facelifted A8 and A6 remained.
Just curious. Why are you concerned with the name change to the Q7 sport back? I kind of like it as we will be going from a Q7 to and "SQ8"