Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Audi Q8 FL revealed

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dolmstead
Ok is it just me or does this look terrible? I like the old taillights, headlights, and grille better than this. Who is in charge of these redesign's at Audi these days?!? I mean this is NOT an improvement. Loved the old look much better all around.
The old car definitely look more muscular. I am okay with the new front light but everything else i prefer the old car. I am more concerned if they will improve the output of the RS like the RS6/7
Old 09-05-2023, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 407 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Feron315
The video by thomas showed pretty much no changes to the interior. All the changes seems to in the exterior with the new grill, rear bumper/diffuser and the lights
yes, just the floating center console design, but i am curious what interior colors they will offer. We’ll know soon!
Old 09-05-2023, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
yes, just the floating center console design, but i am curious what interior colors they will offer. We’ll know soon!
I think the current model also has that center console design doesn't it?
Old 09-05-2023, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 803 Likes on 614 Posts

Lots of marketing BS in official press release as usual.
As I expected, the changes in the external facelift concerns mainly the front bumper, headlights and taillights, 3 new body colors, probably also 2-3 types of new wheels. Inside, there are definitely 2 new trim variants and new upholstery stitching. I also noticed some minor changes in the MMI or VC. That's all.
Audi has always been very conservative in their facelifts, which can be seen in the latest version of the A8 or A6 - only real Audi connoisseurs are able to see the changes.
Personally, however, I had a hope for a little bigger changes: the steering wheel from the Q8 e-tron with piano black buttons, augmented reality in the headup diplay and the increase in power of the 3.0 TFSI engine. The Cayenne has the same engine and Porsche has increased its power by 14HP. Audi has all these elements or technologies in the VAG group, but has not used them.
I am curious, however, what savings have been made in the equipment to cut costs. It has already happened several times that in the new models Audi resigned from small details on the occasion of facelift. Often unnoticeable to new owners but visible to existing car owners. For now, I noticed only that the glove box on the left side of the driver's side no longer has dampers or no s-line badges on front fenders. Perhaps the new Audi logo is also cheaper in mass production. These small discoveries may be continued.....
It's good that Q8 remained Q8 and not Q7 Sportback or other odd number. It is possible that the name change will come with a new model that is supposed to be presented in 2026. And it will be the last Q8 or whatever they will call it with ICE

Edit: And the MOST IMPORTANT: did they finally solve the problem with BSG?!!!

Last edited by retom; 09-05-2023 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2023, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dolmstead
Ok is it just me or does this look terrible? I like the old taillights, headlights, and grille better than this. Who is in charge of these redesign's at Audi these days?!? I mean this is NOT an improvement. Loved the old look much better all around.
We were planning on buying an SQ* to replace our 2013 Q7 next year. Not any more. Going to wait 2 years and hope for a low mileage lease return

Very disappointing day
Old 09-05-2023, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Configurator will be up on 7-Sep on the Audi.de site
Old 09-05-2023, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It says in the press release, SQ8 pricing starts at 119,500 euros, which is 128,000 U.S. I wonder what the 2024 U.S. pricing will end up at. @retom I also thought to myself, "Are they trying to cut costs with laser badging on the b-piller instead of giving us a real badge?" It seems like always a few cost saving changes always turn up. I am glad my car is a 2023 - but hey, all the new 2024 owners will have integrated Spotify ! I just want to roll my eyes on that. Too me, the idea isn't an app or two - and who is going to support that, and maintain it. Audi has proven they aren't software wizards. I would think what is needed is an automotive platform where apps could be deployed to at scale. However, I don't know if the market for it makes sense. It seems like the smart decision would be to work on better android auto and CarPlay integration. Let the apps come through the existing google and apple channels where they already have the reach, architecture, and draw.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Feron315
I think the current model also has that center console design doesn't it?
The new one is different. It's a slight difference, but it is different. He referred to it in the video as "floating"...
Old 09-05-2023, 05:02 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts

The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (09-06-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
The new one is different. It's a slight difference, but it is different. He referred to it in the video as "floating"...
I FINALLY could spot the difference lol. I think they increased the amount of bevelling/recess in the lower silver trim to emphasize the gap between the top and bottom piece, otherwise everything else look the same to me.

Old:

New:

An element I like about the new car is how they extended front grill surround to the headlight, made the car look a bit more mean. Otherwise not a fan of the new grill with the compressed tear drop pattern.

Quick Reply: Audi Q8 FL revealed