Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Bad Experience New Q8

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMW is buying back our 2019 X5 right now due to SW/Electrical issues. It happens sometimes and we went through something similar waiting for a new controller from Germany as well. Just the challenge of being an early adopter.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asetareh
Hey everyone. I've been registered here for years as I've owned several Audis over the years, but have never really posted. I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem similar to mine.

So I leased a 2019 Q8 a couple of weeks ago, brand new. Drove it for 5 days and absolutely loved everything about it. The ride was great. Interior top notch. Just an all around amazing car. About five days into having it, I get a Drivetrain error on the dash and a message stating that revs are limited to 3500 RPM. I immediately take it to the dealership as I just happened to be driving past it at the moment on my way home.

This was almost 3 weeks ago, and I still have not gotten the car back. Apparently some kind of harness needs to be replaced, and this had to be ordered from Germany and is taking forever to get. I guess I've been pretty lucky in the past with cars and not really having major issues, so this has me a little worried/concerned. For the car to have such a big issue so early in ownership seems kind of odd. I mean the car didn't even have 200 miles on it yet. Has anyone had any similar experiences, be it with this car or others in the past?

To the dealership's credit, they have been amazing as far as getting me into a loaner and making sure I was accommodated. I know it's not their fault that the car is so new and parts are so hard to get. But it's definitely been very frustrating and really taken the joy out of the new car experience. Now I just hope I'm not going to continue having issues.
Hi Astareh

My wife has a 2019 Q8 and about 1 month ago she had the same drivetrain error. We took it to the dealer and after 2 days they were able to determine that it was the fuel pump that was malfunctioning. We had to wait about 3 days for the part to be delivered and replaced. It is surprising that it has taken them this long to find the problem, I will mention that our vehicle was taken to an Audi technician research and training center they have in Dallas, TX (we live in Dallas) and there is where they found the problem, it was not in the dealer.
While disheartening I have to say that Audi and dealer were very responsive and updated us throughout the whole process.
I guess this is part of owning first generation vehicles.

Hope you get a resolution soon.