Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Blacked Out Tail Lights and Front Reflector Section

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DONTHATEMYQ8

First, I disabled the light in the reflector with OBDELEVEN. That made a huge difference. Then had my wrap guy literally just tint over the light itself. I wish I was brave enough to have someone open my headlight and remove the orange reflector, but I don’t want any warrant issues in a one month old vehicle 🤣 Not yet at least...
My tint guy pointed out that tinting the lower section of the front lights is going to affect High beam performance. Have you noticed any issues?
Old 04-03-2019, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lights

Originally Posted by WausauS8
My tint guy pointed out that tinting the lower section of the front lights is going to affect High beam performance. Have you noticed any issues?
I live in the city and the Q8 isn’t my only car so it’s a risk I am willing to take as I’ve never needed to use the brights yet other than to flash at people to move over.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wrap

Originally Posted by oleaudi
I like the black Audi rings. Did you replace the chrome ones, or did you paint the original chrome.
Neither actually, just had my wrap guy wrap them and the front Quattro icon in gloss black. Didn’t wanna paint anything on my new car yet.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wausau, yes, tinting that part of the front light does impact high beams. I tinted mine and now my high beams are much reduced...but it looks great lol!

As DontHate said, I also live in a city and barely ever use them, but nevertheless it's something to consider. The good news is that we can always just peel off the tint and call it a day!
Old 04-05-2019, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Would also depend on what percentage of tint you use. Obviously the darker you tint it the more it will affect it
Old 04-10-2019, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks great and I agree that it looks more exotic. In NY if you smoke your taillights and get rear ended you can be found at fault because the driver can say they could not see your taillights. Please check your local laws. NY says red lights in back and white in front and yellow on the sides.

I put put clear lights on the side of one of my cars and got a ticket even though there was a yellow bulb in the socket.

Last edited by Jsf721; 06-02-2019 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks real nice. Did you lower it? I couldn't find anywhere in the post to see if you did or not. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuanatran22
Looks real nice. Did you lower it? I couldn't find anywhere in the post to see if you did or not. Thanks.
@DONTHATEMYQ8 i'd like to know if you lowered as well. I have the same black/black year one model but mine has more wheel well gap and it drives me crazy. Thanks! Yours looks dope!
Old 07-02-2019, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by dknell
@DONTHATEMYQ8 i'd like to know if you lowered as well. I have the same black/black year one model but mine has more wheel well gap and it drives me crazy. Thanks! Yours looks dope!
Not lowered at the time of those pics I don’t believe. Just adaptive chassis set to dynamic. Do you have air suspension? The stock suspension has a ton of wheel gap, almost truck like.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Not lowered at the time of those pics I don’t believe. Just adaptive chassis set to dynamic. Do you have air suspension? The stock suspension has a ton of wheel gap, almost truck like.
His has spacers so maybe thats helping

Quick Reply: Blacked Out Tail Lights and Front Reflector Section