Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Cracked trim panel 2019 Q8

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 406 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by ctsooner
Sounds to me like a brush off as you stated. My dealer already saw the crack and said it’s on me to fix if I want to.
Yeah, the response had a mild brush off feel, but the person has come through for me before, so I am just proceeding by collecting as much data as we can.

If there are other cars, with this same crack(s), that are older or newer, we need to turn-up pics of those, and know the model year. The more data we have, the more compelling our case is.

I do not think the dealers want to short anyone per se, I think they just have a process, and if you aren't a squeaky wheel or "enthusiastic enough", you going to "fall thru the cracks" - sorry i can't help myself with that one!

Key here is persistence & data.

What I care most about is improving the product because I like the brand, and plan to continue to buy the brand.

The following users liked this post:
SQ8westcoast (09-01-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
Yeah, the response had a mild brush off feel, but the person has come through for me before, so I am just proceeding by collecting as much data as we can.

If there are other cars, with this same crack(s), that are older or newer, we need to turn-up pics of those, and know the model year. The more data we have, the more compelling our case is.

I do not think the dealers want to short anyone per se, I think they just have a process, and if you aren't a squeaky wheel or "enthusiastic enough", you going to "fall thru the cracks" - sorry i can't help myself with that one!

Key here is persistence & data.

What I care most about is improving the product because I like the brand, and plan to continue to buy the brand.
im a first year 2019. Prestige, but that won’t make a difference. Sad.
Old 09-02-2022, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

What year is your vehicle?
Mine is a 2019. Guess I am SOL...
Old 09-02-2022, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MarkIndy
Mine is a 2019. Guess I am SOL...
this is really sad to see. I was almost ok with this, but I get turned off when I see it all the time. Has made me start to look at Genesis and Porsche again.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Are there any 2021 or 2022 model year vehicles w the cracks? Are there any RSQ8 vehicles with the cracks?

If the cracks are all in 2019 vehicles, it is possible they re-designed, because they already found this issue...it is possible. If that is the case, it seems like it wouldn't hurt audi to replace a few for some enthusiasts. That is my position.
Old 09-03-2022, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are there any 2021 or 2022 model year vehicles w the cracks? Are there any RSQ8 vehicles with the cracks?

If the cracks are all in 2019 vehicles, it is possible they re-designed, because they already found this issue...it is possible. If that is the case, it seems like it wouldn't hurt audi to replace a few for some enthusiasts. That is my position.
Wish we had a pro bono lawyer to help lol. Seriously though, there is a real issue here and they need to address it. We are three enthusiasts, who are all screwed as they are not standing behind their product at all. We should ask the Reddit community if they know of this problem.
Old 09-03-2022, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Wish we had a pro bono lawyer to help lol. Seriously though, there is a real issue here and they need to address it. We are three enthusiasts, who are all screwed as they are not standing behind their product at all. We should ask the Reddit community if they know of this problem.
Ya, because a pro bono lawyer would rather help some entitled car owners with a cracked piece of trim rather that some disadvantaged individual fighting civil rights, etc. LOL. Audi is NOT going to give you guys the the time of day. 3 out of 10’s of thousands of vehicles (statistically zero). Accept it and move on with your lives.
markusla (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by UrusUser
Ya, because a pro bono lawyer would rather help some entitled car owners with a cracked piece of trim rather that some disadvantaged individual fighting civil rights, etc. LOL. Audi is NOT going to give you guys the the time of day. 3 out of 10’s of thousands of vehicles (statistically zero). Accept it and move on with your lives.
I've had success with audi every time I've approach them. It is all about taking the time to provide the data, persistance.

Though I understand your sentiment...most "disadvantage individuals", however you might define that, in my experience do not succeed because they were not taught to try, and try again, or they don't have the bandwidth to try and try again. I help people all the time, advocate for themselves to help themselves, so it doesn't get to a point where they need a pro bono lawyer.

Lawyers are not aways out to help the individual, though I admit some are, many are likely working for their own noteriety. They love going up against car companies, any huge company, if they smell a case...because there can be big money involved. Some are probably in this forum.

But I wouldn't want something to ever come to that, and I don't think this is even close to one of those cases - simply because it doesn't pass the red-face test. A cracked trim panel in what society as large views as an expensive german car isn't going to exactly extract mass sympathy lol...

However, the generator/alternator...if you read that thread, that my be a different deal depending on the number of vehicles, because it's critical to the vehicle's operation...
ctsooner (09-04-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you can drum up more instances, on another platform, do it!
Old 09-03-2022, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 205 Likes on 156 Posts

has anyone one tried wrapping the affected piece , not ideal but a way to hide the crack , maybe consider a textured vinyl ?

Quick Reply: Cracked trim panel 2019 Q8