Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Cracked trim panel 2019 Q8

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 406 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
I regularly browse through the various international Audi Q7 and Q8 forums. Nowhere else, except this AW forum the information about cracking central console trim panel has appeared. This doesn't seem to be a known and broad problem. This may also mean that it will be difficult to prove Audi a material or design fault of this component.
However, I am keeping my fingers crossed for your success in getting NA approval for a cost-free replacement of this trim panel.
yeah, i hear you, but IF these are 3 exceptions, it seems like that would still point to some atypical situation that all 3 have in common because the cracks are in the same spot. If the 3 individuals don't mind sharing, where are you? i.e. what city / region? and what are the dealers involved? sharing the dealer info with audi may help...i.e. if a dealer is ham handed, and breaks a lot of stuff, audi is going to know that even if they won't share that to the outside world. just thinking out loud...
Old 09-11-2022, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
yeah, i hear you, but IF these are 3 exceptions, it seems like that would still point to some atypical situation that all 3 have in common because the cracks are in the same spot. If the 3 individuals don't mind sharing, where are you? i.e. what city / region? and what are the dealers involved? sharing the dealer info with audi may help...i.e. if a dealer is ham handed, and breaks a lot of stuff, audi is going to know that even if they won't share that to the outside world. just thinking out loud...
I bought mine from Audi Hoffman Estates, IL. I live in the Indianapolis area and my maintenance is done at Audi Indianapolis. When I first reported it to the dealer in Hoffman Estates, they told me I must of done it somehow. It wasn't until I showed them the picture from their listing that they told me I was SOL. Mine was an Audi CPO vehicle.
Old 09-11-2022, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 406 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkIndy
I bought mine from Audi Hoffman Estates, IL. I live in the Indianapolis area and my maintenance is done at Audi Indianapolis. When I first reported it to the dealer in Hoffman Estates, they told me I must of done it somehow. It wasn't until I showed them the picture from their listing that they told me I was SOL. Mine was an Audi CPO vehicle.
CPO doesn’t come with any warranty? Or does CPO just mean you have the option to buy the warranty because they inspected the vehicle and it met their CPO criteria?

Either way i think that is a low class move on the dealers part to not replace the part when it was cracked pre-sale. even tho they probably have an as is clause, replacing the trim piece seems like it would just be good business and they would probably end up making more from you in the long run because of it.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 09-11-2022 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-11-2022, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
CPO doesn’t come with any warranty? Or does CPO just mean you have the option to buy the warranty because they inspected the vehicle and it met their CPO criteria?

Either way i think that is a low class move on the dealers part to not replace the part when it was cracked pre-sale. even tho they probably have an as is clause, replacing the trim piece seems like it would just be good business and they would probably end up making more from you in the long run because of it.
CPO does come with a warranty. Kind of the whole point in CPO. I was told by some other folks (not from Audi) that the dealer in Hoffman Estates isn't the best but not the worst when it comes to taking care of customers. They knew I was from out of town...
Old 09-13-2022, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Let’s see what they say. I doubt anything will come of this, but thanks for doing what you are doing.