Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Cruise Control False Signals

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To disable auto speed setting during cruise control, use the MMI. Home > Vehicle > Driver assistance. Once on the driver assistance page, press the settings (cog) icon at the top right to access Driver assist settings. On that page, scroll down if needed to Adaptive cruise assist and press it. Then scroll down on that page to Predictive control and press it. On the Predictive control page there is a Set speed limit option. Change it to off. Now, I'm no statistician, but I think one might be just as likely to find Jimmy Hoffa as this setting.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 803 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubberbumper
Would appreciate any input. The only adjustment I'm aware of is being able to shorten the distance to cars one is overtaking before the ADC slows you down. But that's not the problem. Elsewhere on the forum it's been said that the 2020 models no longer have Lidar as part of the sensor suite. The dealers are in corporate denial on this.
Yes, 2020 Q8 and Q7 models don't have Lidar. Instead there is an empty plastic insert in the front grille. It was withdrawn due to malfunctioning and creating false systems responses. Audi declares in NHTSA report that this problem should be solved by the end of this year.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ncsakany
To disable auto speed setting during cruise control, use the MMI. Home > Vehicle > Driver assistance. Once on the driver assistance page, press the settings (cog) icon at the top right to access Driver assist settings. On that page, scroll down if needed to Adaptive cruise assist and press it. Then scroll down on that page to Predictive control and press it. On the Predictive control page there is a Set speed limit option. Change it to off. Now, I'm no statistician, but I think one might be just as likely to find Jimmy Hoffa as this setting.
Thank you. I live in an area where there are toll express lanes that have a 75mph speed limit on them. The speed sign system will pick up that higher speed and try to accelerate to that speed. It's also a pain when driving into an inactive school zone. The signs say 20mph and yet, the real speed is 30+. The system automatically drops to 20mph and those behind me are forced to brake for no reason other than to avoid hitting me. I hope your instructions disable the "feature".
Old 06-16-2020, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 803 Likes on 614 Posts

Hi yousha,
Clean your mailbox on this forum since it is full and don't accept PMs
Old 07-05-2020, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If the Adaptive speed control brakes the car, are the brake lights on also or does the car brake in stealth mode?
Old 07-05-2020, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

That's a question that is hard to answer as one isn't exactly positioned to see when the ACC kicks in at highway speed. But I have to believe that no matter the source of the command, brake lights come on with the brake effort. At least on my older collector cars, there is a switch at the master cylinder.

Steve
Old 07-05-2020, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dlcole
If the Adaptive speed control brakes the car, are the brake lights on also or does the car brake in stealth mode?
That is actually a good question! It could be disastrous if the brake lights didn't come on.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rjabend
Thanks. It also occurs with no semis and occasionally activates emergency braking which could cause a problem with someone in the rear:

This happens to be on a curve, but it also occurs on straight road segments.​​​​​​
Can these safety features be turned off or are they automatically turned off when we are towing a travel trailer? While I like the idea of safer features, the emergency breaking idea makes me nervous when thinking about towing etc...