Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Dealer won't share order information

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I signed paperwork or order an RSQ8 on 9-4-21. As of today, 10-14-21, the order hasn't been accepted by Audi. I'm in Ohio and the dealer is supposedly the largest in the region and gets order acceptance faster that most dealers around here. Any thoughts on how long the process takes to get the allocation and accept the order?
Old 10-14-2021, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

Supposedly there has been no allocations given to any dealer since August, that may be why the order hasn't been accepted. Would make sense since earlier orders are facing major delays so I am assuming Audi has halted new orders to catch up with existing and get some inventory on parts etc
Old 10-14-2021, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I ordered a Q8 about 3 weeks ago but I made changes to an existing dealer ordered car. Scheduled to be built mid December and on a boat a few days later reaching Ontario early January. Everyone is backed up . Crazy
Old 10-14-2021, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

I live in Ohio, so winter isn't good for an RSQ8 with 23's and summer tires. With that being said, I don't really care if it doesn't show up until March or April. Then I don't have to pay for it to sit in the garage.
BUT...I'm hopeful it arrives before April, as I'd hate to think it get pushed back that far. Again...my order hasn't even been accepted yet.
Old 10-14-2021, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

At this point not even Audi has a clue when these vehicles will be built lol!
Old 10-14-2021, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did the same. Ordered an SQ8 but took a dealers existing build spot and changed the order. They told me mid December.

I will be pleasantly surprised if that is the case??

When would you know that the projected date is being changed? - How far into the timeline in other words

Good luck,
David
Old 10-14-2021, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drpesq
I did the same. Ordered an SQ8 but took a dealers existing build spot and changed the order. They told me mid December.

I will be pleasantly surprised if that is the case??

When would you know that the projected date is being changed? - How far into the timeline in other words

Good luck,
David
I had a dealer I was working with that had 2 RSQ8 orders in process that I could have changed to my spec (they also said December delivery). Unfortunately, they wouldn't budge off MSRP at all, so I ended up going with another dealer that would. I most-likely won't receive the vehicle for many months because of it, but it would have sat over the winter anyway...so it's not all bad. It's just the anticipation.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Is Bratislava plant operational?

After reading -and posting to- this thread and listening to a recent podcast about the chip crisis, I’m super curious whether the Bratislava plant in Slovakia is currently operational? I believe they produce Urus, Q7, Q8, cayenne and Touareg there (the bentayga I believe is partially manufactured in Bratislava then final assembly is elsewhere). They temporarily shut this plant down earlier this year. So I went looking for a good old fashioned webcam to see a live pic of the factory. Couldn’t find one. So who knows whats being made there now?

The only thing bolstering my hopes on an accurate delivery date is that my order is a higher margin car which are supposedly getting production priority.

like many on this board, I’ve not gotten any details from my dealer after the order was confirmed…

On the upside, my trade value should remain strong in this market while waiting for the new car to be produced and delivered.

Best of luck,
David
Old 10-15-2021, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by drpesq
After reading -and posting to- this thread and listening to a recent podcast about the chip crisis, I’m super curious whether the Bratislava plant in Slovakia is currently operational? I believe they produce Urus, Q7, Q8, cayenne and Touareg there (the bentayga I believe is partially manufactured in Bratislava then final assembly is elsewhere). They temporarily shut this plant down earlier this year. So I went looking for a good old fashioned webcam to see a live pic of the factory. Couldn’t find one. So who knows whats being made there now?
You should fact check...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volk...atislava_Plant
Old 10-15-2021, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UrusUser
my apologies. Apparently the Urus body panels are made and painted in Bratislava, the engine is made in Hungary and then these items are assembled in Sant’Agata, much in the same way an X5 is made in the US

Quick Reply: Dealer won't share order information