Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Extras after the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extras after the deal?

I'm close to negotiating a price on the q8 including destination charges. Once you identify the additional items and the like and calculate the total including destination charges, then get a price you are happy with, what next? What additional items is the sales rep going to hit me with to charge me for? What items does Audi have the finance person is going to throw at me? Note this will be a cash deal but know they have all kinds of other things they are going to try and get me to pay for, just not sure with Audi what those things are. Thoughts?

Thanks.

JR
Old 04-25-2019, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Just to let you know. When I bought my Q8 they took 2K off if I financed through Audi financial. I paid the loan out immediately, they hadn't even received title work from the state yet. Something to look into.

But expect the following

1. Their version of clearcoat\leather warranty
2. Gap insurance(dont). Have your insurance company do this as about 5% of the cost. Gap insurance cost me 18 bucks via my insurance policy while Audi wanted to sell it to me for something like 730 lol
3. Extended warranty(seems expensive)
4. Audi Care(I signed up for it just because it will tell them what is wrong with the car while still under warranty)
5. Probably something else I am missing.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Wheel and tire insurance

Audi care fluid service

Audi pure care covers wear items
Old 04-25-2019, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

I wire the payment to the dealer before I show up to pick up the car. That way I don’t have to deal with the bull****. I just tell that I left my checkbook home and all I have on me is my drivers license.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsf721
Wheel and tire insurance

Audi care fluid service

Audi pure care covers wear items
OK, I'm aware of what they call "Audi Care" which is I guess $1k and covers like 4 visits after the first year or something like that? What the heck is Audi Care "Fluid Service" and "Pure Care"? Note they both are very clear to me based on your explanation, just not sure I've seen these nor where they fall in the work before mentioned $999 option.

Note I am coming off an Infiniti FX35 from 2008 and that think other than oil changes and occasional carbon filter changes, like never had maintenance. My old Chevy cars always had all these several hundred dollar maintenance costs for hitting various points like 20k miles, 40k miles, etc. Does Audi have more "Chevy" like maintenance? I see on the maintenance PDF that they have yearly maintenance which looks like multi point inspections I would get with my oil changes but nothing to justify thee costs.

JR
Old 04-25-2019, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have not heard of or been offered those either. Interested in hearing more.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/protection-plans

there. Are a bunch. Not saying you need or want them all either.

My friend told me Audi ownership is all fun and games until you need brakes and rotors. Then it gets serious lol. Like $ 2,600- 3k serious.

My Infiniti all 4 pads and rotors was just under 1300 with labor.(at the dealer) This is more than double. Making some service packages valuable.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Did I just shoot myself in the foot for not taking the wheel and tire insurance? I live in NYC and it's only a weekend car driving on the 21 inch wheels.

I come back home to show my sister and friend and they were both asking if I got the wheel and tire package since audi have been known to have bubbling issues with their tires. Is this true? Should I be worried?
Old 04-26-2019, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

You can still buy it, some dealers require a visual inspection buy mine lapsed on my owned vehicle and I re upped it, they gave it a fast visual and sighed me right up. They will ALWAYS take your $, its insured by a 3rd party co. No risk to the dealer.

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY
Did I just shoot myself in the foot for not taking the wheel and tire insurance? I live in NYC and it's only a weekend car driving on the 21 inch wheels.

I come back home to show my sister and friend and they were both asking if I got the wheel and tire package since audi have been known to have bubbling issues with their tires. Is this true? Should I be worried?
Old 04-26-2019, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Contact troy the extended warranty guy mentioned on this site so much. He has good prices, and you have like a week to buy it.
fdwarranty.com

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY

Last edited by lungs414; 04-26-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added info

Quick Reply: Extras after the deal?