Thanks
Old 06-03-2019, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by jammin39
Is there launch control on the Q8?

if so what’s the process?

Thanks
No. Assuming you are aware Cayenne has it though?
Old 06-03-2019, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, typical I didn’t buy the Cayenne!
Old 06-03-2019, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by jammin39
Lol, typical I didn’t buy the Cayenne!
Ha, thought you may have one already. I had a couple Porsche with Launch Control and never used it once FWIW. Depends where you live maybe. Where I am in LA it’s hard to find that much open road.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts

You don't want to be using launch control with a 48V MHEV.

The strain placed by the BSG on the associated belt would be absolutely insane, let alone a -125AMP current draw when you do this from the 48V battery to the BSG.

The Q8 and other MHEV Audi vehicles (mass produced, including the A8) do not have launch control for a reason. I'm curious to see if the S6 will have it but there are no S line Audi's I'm aware of that have the MHEV platform that have launch control

There's a reason for that.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First, full disclosure. I’m a 2019 A7 owner, but there’s not a lot of activity on the C8 A7 forum, so I’ve been perusing the Q8 and C8 A6 forums since the new vehicles share so many of the new platform features including the MMI and the drivetrains including the MHEV system.

I can’t tell you if your Q8 does have launch control, but unless there is a major difference in the MHEV systems between the Q8 and the A6/7, having that system doesn’t appear to rule it out. My A7 does have launch control and its documented in the owners manual. I tried it on both a demo with the salesperson, and then on the one I purchased once I’d put enough miles on it. If it’s not also listed in the owners manual of the Q8, then it may not be available.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanerh
First, full disclosure. I’m a 2019 A7 owner, but there’s not a lot of activity on the C8 A7 forum, so I’ve been perusing the Q8 and C8 A6 forums since the new vehicles share so many of the new platform features including the MMI and the drivetrains including the MHEV system.

I can’t tell you if your Q8 does have launch control, but unless there is a major difference in the MHEV systems between the Q8 and the A6/7, having that system doesn’t appear to rule it out. My A7 does have launch control and its documented in the owners manual. I tried it on both a demo with the salesperson, and then on the one I purchased once I’d put enough miles on it. If it’s not also listed in the owners manual of the Q8, then it may not be available.
How do you bring up lunch control?
Old 06-09-2019, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by possib1edoc
How do you bring up lunch control?
I find if I eat a hearty breakfast, it’s much easier to control my lunch cravings......;

I’ll give you the steps that they provide for the A7. It doesn’t really bring anything “up”. I’ll add that I would not endorse trying this on a Q8 without confirming that it has launch control and uses the same steps. Not worth screwing up that nice vehicle.

A7 Launch Control Steps
  • Engine must be warmed up
  • Steering wheel must not be turned
  • Start/stop system is deactivated
  • Electronic Stability Control (ESC) must be limited
  • Transmission in Sport mode
  • Press brake pedal firmly with left foot and hold all the way down for at least one second
  • With the brake pedal still down, press the accelerator pedal all the way down until the engine reaches a constant speed, then release the brake pedal. Whoosh.
  • Reactivate ESC

Again, those steps don’t result in any message or anything popping up to let you know you’re in launch control. Check your owners manual. “Launch Control” was actually listed in the index.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanerh
I find if I eat a hearty breakfast, it’s much easier to control my lunch cravings......;

I’ll give you the steps that they provide for the A7. It doesn’t really bring anything “up”. I’ll add that I would not endorse trying this on a Q8 without confirming that it has launch control and uses the same steps. Not worth screwing up that nice vehicle.

A7 Launch Control Steps
  • Engine must be warmed up
  • Steering wheel must not be turned
  • Start/stop system is deactivated
  • Electronic Stability Control (ESC) must be limited
  • Transmission in Sport mode
  • Press brake pedal firmly with left foot and hold all the way down for at least one second
  • With the brake pedal still down, press the accelerator pedal all the way down until the engine reaches a constant speed, then release the brake pedal. Whoosh.
  • Reactivate ESC

Again, those steps don’t result in any message or anything popping up to let you know you’re in launch control. Check your owners manual. “Launch Control” was actually listed in the index.
Thanks for the info! I have an A7, will try this some day,
Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Q8

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

My brief experience with the Macan S was that launch control did not work very well and was not dependable. Pretty useless feature anyway.