Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

New incentive programs

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New incentive programs

Anyone have insight to the month of may incentives? Especially any conquest type incentives.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

no one knows, or can know, because Audi hasn't finalized them

programs for May are set once April sales are all reported

may programs will come at some point tomorrow afternoon
Old 04-30-2019, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. My Q8 didn't make it in to the dealer was planning on the 3K conquest cash from my trade. Trying to figure out what happens now.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you left a deposit and have the deal in writing you are good and the dealer will deal. Happens all the time. I believe dealers have a 60 rate lock otherwise there would be too many unhappy customers. What stare are you in ?

Originally Posted by lungs414
Thanks. My Q8 didn't make it in to the dealer was planning on the 3K conquest cash from my trade. Trying to figure out what happens now.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Rate lock is one thing, incentives can't be locked unfortunately - always driven by the month of delivery

I have a feeling acquisition will continue for the upper tier models for May (just my gut feeling), so op, you should be good
Old 04-30-2019, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are we talking about? Is this that $3k thing for trading in BMW, and other cars of that nature?

Thanks.

JR
Old 05-01-2019, 12:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have purchased and leased a lot of cars. My price based on cash back has never changed.

I ordered (custom build) a BMW last week ( in April.)My salesperson told me car will be in 2nd week of June. Lease price established and zero talk of increased increased pricing for May or June. Yes price is in writing. I Have purchased and leased plenty of cars in my day. And none were subject Higher pricing bc the dealer could not deliver or they where built and it obviously bridged the month ordered.

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Rate lock is one thing, incentives can't be locked unfortunately - always driven by the month of delivery

I have a feeling acquisition will continue for the upper tier models for May (just my gut feeling), so op, you should be good
Old 05-01-2019, 02:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I called A of A late yesterday. They said as far as they know it is a hard date set in stone. Otherwise deals would be able to be manipulated around month end all the time. I have to wait until later today to see.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jsf721
I have purchased and leased a lot of cars. My price based on cash back has never changed.

I ordered (custom build) a BMW last week ( in April.)My salesperson told me car will be in 2nd week of June. Lease price established and zero talk of increased increased pricing for May or June. Yes price is in writing. I Have purchased and leased plenty of cars in my day. And none were subject Higher pricing bc the dealer could not deliver or they where built and it obviously bridged the month ordered.
I've similarly bought and leased tons of cars (35 to date), half dozen have been factory ordered from all sorts of brands, and now am on the dealer side of things for Audi.

The price of the car, exclusive of incentives, can always be negotiated. On a lease, residual, etc can also be prelocked in, Audi has a method for that. Some incentives run on a quarterly basis, some do not. Some incentives are regionally based too. The program sheets each list expiration dates. Audi will not honor an incentive that is posted past the expiration date. What BMW does now, no clue, been ~8 years since I factory ordered one. If things post a couple days later, Audi is ok with that - but the actual paperwork has to be dated at, or prior to close of the month (i.e date paperwork for the 29th, delivery takes place the 2nd). Otherwise, and I know this first hand, the deal cannot be properly validated with Audi, which has to take place for any incentive being requested. So perhaps BMW has incentives that run on longer than a monthly basis for the car you're building - Audi has some cars like that too. Other cars, they don't. 9 times out of 10, their incentives run monthly. This is why, when I am quoting a deal, I will negotiate the car itself. Incentives take place at the time of the delivery, subject to what is on the table then, and what the client qualifies for. Same goes for rate locking deals..I always do it without taking incentives into account. Those simply get stacked on top.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well I got 4000 of my bmw. Combo of lease cash, loyalty and EOQ split (end of quarter $). Deal was written end of April and I have all the details of the deal stating if things get better in June when my car is delivered I get that better deal. But my monthly payment all in is not contingent on any rebate or incentive.

I am not in the car business but having owned 20 plus cars (4 specifically ordered and built) in my lifetime and have 6 on the driveway currently I have learned to focus on what I want out of the deal and not be constrained by OPP. Other people’s problems. The key is never buy /lease if your in a rush. I have 3 owned vehicles and 3 leased. Daily drivers are leased. Winter drivers and specialty cars owned. I can always rock a winter driver if my lease ends and I’m without a car. In my case I hope to get a loaner if after 6/7 my lease goes back and my car is not in.

I really think that the dealer sales people love to pressure us with I don’t know the deal next month close today tactics. I’ve never ever been told your price went up after i left a deposit bc the incentive changed. Ever. I have purchased everything from Econ boxes to serious German heavy metal. Trick it know your facts going in. Lease hacker has a great calculator and Edmunda will give you MF and residual for your time period and mileage as well as local promotions. Then you negotiate the price and cap cost and plug it in. Boom. You have your number. Now you can call around and play the number and throw in’s with local dealers your consider for using for service. The sale is a moment in time but the service is a 36 month relationship that you need at times.

Quick Reply: New incentive programs