Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Driver's Door Lock/Unlock Sensor Repair

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Q8 Driver's Door Lock/Unlock Sensor Repair

I have a problem with my driver's side door handle hand sensor intermittently not unlocking or locking the door. The other 3 doors work well all the time and the key fob always works on all 4 doors (key fob battery is fine). The key fob is alone in my pocket with no blockage. Even with a video, I can't get Audi to service the problem because there is no recorded fault and the intermittent nature precludes a quick check. The video link below shows the problem:

I know other folks have reported the same problem on this forum and was wondering if there are any suggestions for a solution or maybe that I am doing something wrong. Also does anyone have the instructions for removing the door panel so that I might be able to visually inspect the sensor and associated cabling?

Very frustrating in a downpour Thanks for any help with this!

Last edited by rjabend; 06-07-2019 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

That’s absurd they are refusing service. Q7 owners complained of refusal of service on other issues as well. Like you are making all this up to waste an inordinate amount of your own time?? A video should suffice. If I run into any refusal of service I’m done with Audi that is completely unacceptable.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
That’s absurd they are refusing service. Q7 owners complained of refusal of service on other issues as well. Like you are making all this up to waste an inordinate amount of your own time?? A video should suffice. If I run into any refusal of service I’m done with Audi that is completely unacceptable.
Just to add: The Repair Order suggests I might have my cell phone in the same pocket as my key fob blocking its signal although the shadow of my cell phone recording the video can be seen in the video itself. The keys were alone in my left pocket and, as shown, worked properly in the same relative position on the rear door.