Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Exhaust - New Tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

SQ8 rear with one of the aftermarket 3.0 exhausts...

Even if you found the flaps, your car wouldn't operate them.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The flaps are not the problem, I can operate them with a aftermarket controller switch….with this I open or close them. No connection to the car (only power)

we don’t have in Germany any aftermarket exhaust for the 3.0 engine…that’s why I am thinking about the RSQ8. And the prices here are quite good, I pay 300 to 400 Euro for an exhaust with 1000 km…
Old 04-28-2023, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 407 Likes on 345 Posts

Interesting, it says the part for your car is 4M8253078BN - and that part shows 2 exhaust pipe outlets on each side, like the SQ8 & RSQ8.

The RSQ8 part looks like depends on the PR coding, but none of them are the same part number - I looked up the PR codes and the ones that I could find were all emission related and rear exhaust codes:

If you share your VIN, I can see if I can find a different part. @retom & @Mrclopec know more on coding and some of this stuff that I do...
Old 04-28-2023, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

WAUZZZF13PD011xxx

may this helps

here a picture from my muffler…

i have only 1 exhaust pipe on each side

Old 04-28-2023, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Your engine is 6 cylinders? petrol?
Old 04-28-2023, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes
Old 04-28-2023, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Can i drag this slightly off topic......I am confused on something that came up with my car this week:

I have an SQ8 with the "Sports resonator" package. (The issues i have faced with this option has been detailed extensively here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...i-sq8-3049705/)

I installed the Redstar Exhaust "Front resonator delete" two months ago (Found here: https://redstarexhaustusa.com/sq8-rsq8) and its been great! love it, no complaints. Figured i would piggyback off of this, and add the "center section delete w/ H Pipe option" next (found here: https://redstarexhaustusa.com/audi-s...sonator-delete ). Ordered the part and it showed up lickity split, the welds are beautiful! Dropped it off any my local Indy shop, and he immediately called me to inform me that i dont have a "center section resonator" like the factory pictures show.

This is what i was anticipating having stock from the factory:

AND THIS is what is actually under my car:

No center resonator....And it looks like a factory "H" pipe just after the black cross member?

I ultimately told the Indy shop to hold off, as it seems pointless to cut the factory stuff apart just to install basically the same thing.

Questions:
Where is my rear resonator? was this removed as part of the "sports exhaust option?"
Does anyone else have pics of their SQ8 exhaust from underneath?

i'm so confused !!!

Old 04-28-2023, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Hansi1234
Hello togehter,

i would like to use the original Exhaust from the RSQ8 for the Q8 55 TFSI Model (both model year 2023). Anybody tried this already? I would need next to the exhaust still 2 flap controls which would allow me to open the flaps or close via some switch.

I am planning to just try it if it fits from the dimension. On the pictures it looks to me the same, but the reality you find out when you try it. As i have no chance to try it somewhere i have to buy the exhaust upfront. Price is fair, around 400 Euros and in the worst case i have to try to sell it. But if anyone did that already or tried it, it would help me a lot.

I do not expect a similar sound like at the RSQ8, but at least a little bit sound from the V6. As currently the tires are more loud than the exhaust. And i do not want to make any welding or so.

Thanks a lot for every feedback...
I'll be the one person to say it: go for it.

Qualifications to make this statement: 3.0L V6 owner, did my own exhaust, aware of difference in V6 exhausts (single vs dual downpipe).

Underneath the car is the exact same as the RSQ8, so it's not a question of fitment. Since you have dual downpipes you likely have the two exhaust hangers before the resonator instead of one. You already know you need a valve controller. I think it will match up just fine.

My ONLY concern, if this were me, is: will this have the return you're expecting based upon effort and cost? It's possible that the muffler portion between the two differs only by valves, and a majority of the RSQ8 sound comes from the engine. So you might go to all this effort only to be adding valves. Sure, closed would sound the same and open would roar, but be prepared to possibly feel "that's it??" at the end. If the cost is low enough and it's like a "why not??" type of project, do it. Unbolting the clamp and a couple hangers is all that's needed (make sure you have a triple square set before you start) and you're only talking about an afternoon experiment. Go for it, and would love to learn your findings at the end.
Old 04-28-2023, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi jayemko,

that’s the motivation I was looking for 😜

As my wife is driving the car it’s enough if a little more sound comes when the valves are open.

costs for the RSQ8 exhaust are around 350, the motor for the valves probably 250 and the same for the control unit to open and close the valves. So all in all 1.000 Euro. That’s what I also payed for the SQ8 rear bumper…so I am motivated to go for it…😀👍👍

i will keep u all informed if it works out or it will be a Flop 😂😂
Old 04-28-2023, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

@jayemko which V6 option gets the dual down pipe exhaust? curious... And it does look to me like if you have the dual down pipe, you should have the redstar options available to delete resonators - and that would definitely change the exhaust sound.

Quick Reply: Q8 Exhaust - New Tips