Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Premium v. Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Q8 Premium v. Prestige

My Prestige is in on one of its many service visits and I was given a Q8 Premium loaner. In comparing the two I expected the Prestige 22" wheels to be more harsh over bumps and there was a barely noticeable difference. The Prestige double pane glass makes a huge reduction in road noise. The noise level in the Prestige is close to "dead silence" and the Premium noise level seriously interferes with the quality of the radio sound. Just thought I would pass those observations on.

Last edited by rjabend; 05-30-2019 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

That is interesting. I'm sure the double pane glass makes it nearly silent. But the premium is dang near silent as well. I can hear a slight hum from the tires and that is about it. Compared to every other car out there it is the most quiet I have come across. And doesn't interfere with the radio imo. Have you driven in any american car?
Old 05-30-2019, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes both are American and there is a huge difference!
Old 05-30-2019, 06:51 PM
Q8

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I test drove the Premium Plus and the Prestige. I didn't notice enough of a difference in road and wind noise to warrant the added expense. Having decided on a loaded Premium Plus, I have to agree with the consensus of reviewers: a well-equipped Premium Plus is the best value.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SoundsoftheSuburbs
I test drove the Premium Plus and the Prestige. I didn't notice enough of a difference in road and wind noise to warrant the added expense. Having decided on a loaded Premium Plus, I have to agree with the consensus of reviewers: a well-equipped Premium Plus is the best value.
Thanks for your comments. The difference is in the eye of the beholder. I was not addressing the "best value" call and that is again dependent on personal perceptions and preferences. I was just passing on my observations for information.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:39 PM
Q8

Originally Posted by rjabend
Thanks for your comments. The difference is in the eye of the beholder. I was not addressing the "best value" call and that is again dependent on personal perceptions and preferences. I was just passing on my observations for information.
Yeah, I really didn't and don't notice a significant noise difference between the trims. I think what you are probably noticing is the lesser sound system more than anything.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SoundsoftheSuburbs
Yeah, I really didn't and don't notice a significant noise difference between the trims. I think what you are probably noticing is the lesser sound system more than anything.
I did notice the difference in sound systems, but also a great difference in noise level. I attribute that to the double pane glass, but it is possibly a difference in tires or the types of roads I drive on.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that one of the differences is that you cannot get HUD in Premium Plus, only in Prestige.
I'm currently shopping for Q8 and don't want to have 22" and having trouble finding fully loaded Premium Plus with 21".
Old 06-04-2019, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Double pane is an extra over above Prestige
Old 06-04-2019, 12:28 PM
Q8

You might consider broadening your search. Dealers are happy to ship. 22-inch wheels coupled with adaptive air suspension is a good combo.

Last edited by SoundsoftheSuburbs; 06-04-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Q8 Premium v. Prestige