Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Q8 Test Drive

I got to drive one yesterday. I was concerned about a bumpy ride due to 22" tires but was pleasantly surprised. The car is also beyond quiet with the double pane glass. Very nice!! Mine is due for pick-up tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Are there any discounts to be had or you paid MSRP?
Old 11-07-2018, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ven7782
Are there any discounts to be had or you paid MSRP?
I got a pretty good discount although a lot of dealers won't back off MSRP.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

May I ask how much?
Old 11-07-2018, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

4.5%
Old 11-07-2018, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I would think if your dealer is unwilling to give you a nice discount, go to a different dealer or hold out for a couple months. These things are starting to come in and many are not sold when they hit the lot. I don't think it will take too long for those dealers that are trying to hold out for MSRP or only a few percent off, to start dropping the price substantially.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucci
I would think if your dealer is unwilling to give you a nice discount, go to a different dealer or hold out for a couple of months. These things are starting to come in and many are not sold when they hit the lot. I don't think it will take too long for those dealers that are trying to hold out for MSRP or only a few percent off, to start dropping the price substantially.
I agree, BUT, currently, this is the HOT car (at least in Cincinnati) and the cars sell within a few days of landing -- it's the shiny new thing and many folks want to be the first.

Discounts come with much greater regularity probably around 91 days after arrival (and some inventory). But the thing is you almost are guaranteed the lowest possible price if you ORDER the car rather than buy one out of inventory. The cars come in and they go out almost before they're PDI'd (here in Cincinnati), The Q8 has been selling pretty close to or right at MSRP -- here in Cincinnati. This message means little if your geography somehow likes the car but does not HAVE TO HAVE one (as they do here).

For some period of time, (perhaps a month?) I believe our dealer (and there are two in our city) could come close to selling a car per day (i.e. call it 22+ cars a month) with many test drives queuing up. Unfortunately, our dealer got 6 in (5 +1) and has a handful already sold on the boat. They keep saying they will have no more that are unspoken for two months unless they can find a dealer willing to sell one to them.

The P+ cars are very nicely equipped and our dealer has put Driver Assistance and Towing package literally on every car they have in stock (or had). They have had, at this point perhaps 1 Prestige I think because of its forcing customers to buy a leather dash (no one likes that idea so far, and their thinking perhaps that particular feature should be in a stand-alone luxury package not in Prestige). Also the lease prices on Prestige are higher due to a lower residual value. We bought our last four (three of them Prestige) for that reason.

My only complaint is that the seats which are VERY good are still not quite as good as those in my 2018 S4, moreover, the youtube test reports of the Q8 almost always show it with the "S4's" fantastic seats. I guess I'd be OK with no ventilation on the seats if that is what it would take to get the US S4's seats.

Also, when you get the Q8 north of $80K, don't you think it should have at least a small amount more power?

Last edited by markcincinnati; 11-14-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think definitely wait a few months if you can. There are currently 935 Q8s listed on Autotrader right now. It certainly is not a rare car that warrants being sold at MSRP.

I agree a little more power for this price point makes sense. Rumor mill is saying the SQ8 will be unveiled at the Los Angels auto show later this month so waiting to see what that has (guessing the RS5 engine) and more importantly when will it be in the states.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have a feeling, the Q8 will get competition from the Q7 and sales will slow down after the early adopters have snapped up their toys. I think the Q8 is overpriced and I am considering the new X5 as a possible alternative.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I think the sales never really took off. Dealers say cars are sold or hard to get but they are sitting on the lots. I know of one dealer with a handful in an inside garage, not sure of the reasoning but if you drive onto the lot you would think they only have one.
Mine is supposed to arrive next week, I hope it looks a lot better than the couple i have seen thus far in person. It does have Year One and the nicer 22 wheels, but I have an out clause if i do not like the thing since i ordered it without having seen one in person.

Quick Reply: Q8 Test Drive