Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 or X5

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since many don't subscribe to CR, I'll share their take from the new April car issue on both. Both cars come standard with the typical safety driver assistance features.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Bench
While you refuse to practice what you preach.

The OP wanted pointers to aid him in choosing between the more expensive Q8 or the new X5. I've driven both and stated what the deal killer was for me regarding Audi and why I carefully chose BMW. I loved our Lexus but can't take the new look. Most butt ugly car on the road plus as folks have pointed out, BMW is in a whole different league. It's a masterpiece.

There's another important consideration which hasn't been brought up - service. Who provides you with the best support? We have what's called Genius staff, both local and corporate available all the time. The new HUGE (think 300,000 s.f.) BMW San Antonio dealership service and care has been impeccable as was my deal which was below invoice (7% off MSRP) on a new custom build topped off with 1,000's more in discounts and rebates. Still waiting on the $1,000 BMW CCA discount on top of that. These folks are aggressive when it comes to pricing their cars. Speaking of huge and service, how's 115 service bays, half filled with techs up to this point!

OK, you say you're not trashing BMW but claiming "it's not an exclusive ride"? That is rich.

The ride (and bang for the buck) is the best I've owned. Consumer Reports brand new April 2019 car issue agrees.

Whatever, enjoy your ride and rots of ruck.
Keep trolling away and convincing yourself your ride is the best ever. Enjoy that legendary BMW reliability. I'm sure CR will be there to hold your hand when things go south. It's especially brilliant to jump in on the first model year of a full redesign - you should congratulate yourself even more than you already are for that genius move.

Last edited by dwboston; 03-11-2019 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dwboston
It's especially brilliant to jump in on the first model year of a full redesign - you should congratulate yourself even more than you already are for that genius move.
So the 2019 Q8 is NOT a new design, is not even a new car even?

Reliability is awful for the X5 too? Horrors! Last year's X5 CR reliability report was glowing with no yellow or red marks. 90% were double green ^^, the highest rating given. Reliability was my big concern and the reason why I am still driving a Texas tough Tundra and traded in a 2013 Lexus RX350, two of the most reliable vehicles on the road.

The new X5 has been in production since October. Mine has no bugs, never did. Wifi driven software updates are frequent and excellent for bugs, map updates and other goodies.

Speaking of trolling. I offer info and opinions on your no-storage-console SUV and all I get is B.S. and personal attacks.

FAIL
Old 03-11-2019, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

The new X5 has been in production since October. Mine has no bugs, never did. Wifi driven software updates are frequent and excellent for bugs, map updates and other goodies.
Just to keep things accurate, while the X5 is capable of OTA updates so far none have been pushed out. Updates to iDrive are currently only available at a dealer.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
Just to keep things accurate, while the X5 is capable of OTA updates so far none have been pushed out. Updates to iDrive are currently only available at a dealer.
I'm on .55, whatever that means.

Thanks for the info.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at the X5, it's actually a good car to be fair, but couldn't stomach the looks...it's hideous. For me the Q8 ties or beats it in every category other than price. With that said, once I chose the Q8, I did not continue posting comments (negative ones) on the X5 forum. I visit this site to exchange ideas and check out pictures etc. And if someone who chose the X5 were to continue posting on here and repeatedly bashing the car they did not choose, it means that they still regret their purchase and are primarily trolling. You've made your bed, now enjoy your car safely and be respectful of those who actually had the audacity to choose something other than BMW lol

Last edited by SammyH; 03-11-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm on .55, whatever that means.

Thanks for the info.
Updates have been "frequent and excellent", but you haven't actually received any? Classic. Trolling and lying.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not true according to a Genius I talked to this morning, not on this model. They're updated over the air and mine are up to date.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not true according to a Genius I talked to this morning, not on this model. They're updated over the air and mine are up to date.
Then you would be the only one in the world to have that happen to. You are on .55 and that is what you had at delivery. The latest version is 2019/3.22.

Please quite Mark, you are coming off as a bigger A** than you really are.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Then you would be the only one in the world to have that happen to. You are on .55 and that is what you had at delivery. The latest version is 2019/3.22.

Please quite Mark, you are coming off as a bigger A** than you really are.
Don't sell him short. He seems like a tremendous A**.

Quick Reply: Q8 or X5