Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8s at Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Q8 has 4 wheel steering when optioned with the Adaptive chassis package.

I was a little surprised that the interior of the Q8 is not on par with the A8 in terms of luxury (I was expecting a A8 interior put into a SUV). I was excited to see the new X7 when it came out but boy is it ugly IMO. I really don't like the new BMW grills.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The BMW X7 2nd row is a two seater like a minivan. That would turn everyone OFF unless they have the standard 3 seater 2nd row.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I agree about the Q7/X7 comparison to an extent. The X5 sits in a weird place because it can have a 3rd row, but it shouldn't unlike the X3 which competes with the Q5. The X7 is bigger than the Q7, at least from what I can recall and it's priced well above any of Audi's offerings. I don't think Audi has the same level of luxury in their higher end models as they should and the lack of interior colors/leather/wood choices is pretty bad. You get maybe 3 trims and 4 colors of the same leather to choose from which is seriously lacking in the high-end market. Audi's air suspension is very good, but I'm surprised by the lack of 4 wheel steering on their flagship Q8. For me, there were too many compromises on a car that costs $90k+ optioned which sealed the deal. As for depreciation that's a tough call because generally speaking these will all lose value, at least with higher tier models, there are fewer made therefore value should hold a little longer. Best of luck with your Q8, I hope it lives up to what you're looking for. I still recommend trying the new X5 if you get a chance, it won't change your mind but it's worthy of doing even after getting your Q8.
Thanks, or we may end up with another Q7...should know this week/end. The upper door panels desperately need the leather from the dash carried over. The Audi individual stuff is nice but very pricey. We really luv almost everything about our 17 Q7, tremendous vehicle/platform.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Thanks, or we may end up with another Q7...should know this week/end. The upper door panels desperately need the leather from the dash carried over. The Audi individual stuff is nice but very pricey. We really luv almost everything about our 17 Q7, tremendous vehicle/platform.
​Either way in sure you'll be happy. I thought Audi had leather door cards + upper door panels? Maybe it's only on their A8? I know my current BMW has leather door cards but not upper panels (the upper most part of the door that touches the window) but my X5 will since I got the leather dash which includes those. Here's a few picturws showing the leather door cards + leather upper panels and dash on an X5. I really love the look this matte wood gives. ​​​​​​

Old 11-26-2018, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

​Either way in sure you'll be happy. I thought Audi had leather door cards + upper door panels? Maybe it's only on their A8? I know my current BMW has leather door cards but not upper panels (the upper most part of the door that touches the window) but my X5 will since I got the leather dash which includes those. Here's a few picturws showing the leather door cards + leather upper panels and dash on an X5. I really love the look this matte wood gives. ​​​​​​
Is that tartufo? My wife is leaning towards that color, I have to see it in person to be sure but looks nice in your pics.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
Is that tartufo? My wife is leaning towards that color, I have to see it in person to be sure but looks nice in your pics.
Looks more like Coffee; Tartufo is a bit more orangish.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That looks amazing. I didn't expect BMW to have that good of an interior.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's nice but looks date comp'd to the Q8's...imho
Old 11-26-2018, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
It's nice but looks date comp'd to the Q8's...imho
Due to the lack of dual screens? I prefer the more casual layout but I like both. It was still a hard choice because both offer good things in different ways. Audi has tech BMW offers more luxury.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Due to the lack of dual screens? I prefer the more casual layout but I like both. It was still a hard choice because both offer good things in different ways. Audi has tech BMW offers more luxury.
The entire Audi layout just looks cleaner and sleeker...the haptic feedback on the Q8's t/s was also very impressive, almost to the goodness of their renowned buttons/switches. I also like how Audi didn't just slap t/s wherever they thought would be best, vs Audi's approach of full near seamless integration.

Last edited by RJC 1; 11-26-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Q8s at Dealers