Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Rattle coming from back of Q8

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

This could be coming from the sunroof. It seems like its coming from the console or back seats but its really the sunroof frame rattling. Mine have been replaced for this issue and after 2 or 3 years the sound came back recently. Lubricating it helps. Sometimes opening and closing the sunroof temporary helps as well. Try that to see if its coming from there.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Mine i’m pretty sure is the driver seat bottom (right side) all the way back near the second row. I also have a driver rear door seal creak and sunroof creak when going in and out of strip malls or driveways. Someone posted the best stuff for door seals on AudiWorld I’ll have to try and track it down.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Mine i’m pretty sure is the driver seat bottom (right side) all the way back near the second row. I also have a driver rear door seal creak and sunroof creak when going in and out of strip malls or driveways. Someone posted the best stuff for door seals on AudiWorld I’ll have to try and track it down.
Ppl say this is pretty good:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kryt...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 07-19-2019, 07:02 PM
Q8

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I've developed my first problem...the driver's seat belt post/adjuster/holder, whatever it's called, is creaking/popping. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Old 07-21-2019, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes...I thought it was just me. I will have it addressed when I head to the dealer in a few weeks.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mine 2!

mine is having the exact same issue and its making me crazy. Anyone get this fixed?

Originally Posted by SoundsoftheSuburbs
I've developed my first problem...the driver's seat belt post/adjuster/holder, whatever it's called, is creaking/popping. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Old 08-19-2019, 02:24 PM
Q8

Originally Posted by Dholmq
mine is having the exact same issue and its making me crazy. Anyone get this fixed?
Mine is currently at the dealer getting this addressed. I was told that I would hear something this afternoon, but now it's almost 5:30 PM and I'm driving around in an A6. I'm pissed.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Q8

Originally Posted by jmk1
Yes...I thought it was just me. I will have it addressed when I head to the dealer in a few weeks.
Originally Posted by Dholmq
Mine is currently at the dealer getting this addressed. I was told that I would hear something this afternoon, but now it's almost 5:30 PM and I'm driving around in an A6. I'm pissed.
So...the a**holes at the dealership told me that they could not replicate the issue. I'm hearing it when I'm driving to and from the dealership... They also told me that they couldn't replicate or find any codes related to the tailgate. The first time I popped the tailgate after getting home from the dealership—it did the same thing. I have it on video. I'm not impressed with Audi dealership customer service at this time.

Last edited by SoundsoftheSuburbs; 08-20-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same issue. That, and a vibration noise from the windshield corner speaker on the drivers side of the dashboard.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:14 AM
Q8

It is now at another dealership trying to get it checked out. They say the tailgate issue is from not holding the button down long enough on the second click. The only thing that I find weird about that is that it works fine if you do the quick double click most of the other times. We will see...

Quick Reply: Rattle coming from back of Q8