Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Rear Window

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Window

After having my Q8 for about 3 months now, I've noticed something odd. The rear window is almost always dirty. I know there's been a lot of pollen (Northeast U.S.) and it's been rainy etc. but I feel like it gets dirty quicker than any other part of the car and quicker than on any car I've ever owned. Not sure if it's the way it slopes or the rear spoiler on the roof, but I don't think it's just my imagination. Anyone else notice this??
Old 06-13-2019, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SammyH
After having my Q8 for about 3 months now, I've noticed something odd. The rear window is almost always dirty. I know there's been a lot of pollen (Northeast U.S.) and it's been rainy etc. but I feel like it gets dirty quicker than any other part of the car and quicker than on any car I've ever owned. Not sure if it's the way it slopes or the rear spoiler on the roof, but I don't think it's just my imagination. Anyone else notice this??

I have noticed this... It does get dirtier quicker than normal. I drove on a gravel road and the rear window had a lot more dirt retained on it than any other panel on the vehicle. I am getting ceramic coating done and will be getting window treatment also. Hopefully this helps.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:31 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

All Audi SUV's seem to be this way...maybe all SUV's in general...but definitely Audi's.
I think someone said it has to do with aerodynamics and the way the rear window hatch area is low pressure so it accumulates dirt quickly.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:47 PM
Q8

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I feel like this is the case with all hatchbacks, wagons, and SUVs...

Quick Reply: Rear Window