Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

RS Q8 Order Coincidence?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RS Q8 Order Coincidence?

I ordered my MY2022 RSQ8 back in early July and the latest production update I got (about 2 weeks ago) shows week 46 production with a estimated delivery of late January. Then just by chance...today I look at my local dealers new inventory and it shows an exact match RSQ8 in route from factory? Is this just a coincidence that the dealer has another RSQ8 coming in that matches my order sheet or does the dealership show all incoming inventory and that is in fact my RSQ8 that's now showing on their incoming inventory? And yes, I have sent a email to my sales associate asking this exact question but just wondering what others have experienced?
Old 10-30-2021, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

I ordered mine on July 12 and it showed a production date of week 43 and estimated delivery to the dealer mid January 2022. Right on schedule earlier this week I received a personalized email from Audi Experience titled "Your exclusive RS Q8 has reached the next stage" and indicating the vehicle was now "In Production".
Old 10-30-2021, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by mluters
I ordered my MY2022 RSQ8 back in early July and the latest production update I got (about 2 weeks ago) shows week 46 production with a estimated delivery of late January. Then just by chance...today I look at my local dealers new inventory and it shows an exact match RSQ8 in route from factory? Is this just a coincidence that the dealer has another RSQ8 coming in that matches my order sheet or does the dealership show all incoming inventory and that is in fact my RSQ8 that's now showing on their incoming inventory? And yes, I have sent a email to my sales associate asking this exact question but just wondering what others have experienced?
Just ask for the VIN of your order and you can match it to the car on the site.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Once the configuration is locked for production, various VAG/Porsche inventory management systems sometimes pull the information and it gets posted, even with sold vehicles. My guess is that is your vehicle, but as suggested, check the VIN. Nothing to worry about, in my opinion.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

My sales advisor got back to me and my production week was pushed back to week 47 and estimated delivery of late January. The RSQ8 that's inbound on their web site is for another customer.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkhill
Once the configuration is locked for production, various VAG/Porsche inventory management systems sometimes pull the information and it gets posted, even with sold vehicles. My guess is that is your vehicle, but as suggested, check the VIN. Nothing to worry about, in my opinion.
Dealers will always have ordered cars on their site as the car isn't sold until the customer actually pays for it. I don't know how many people actually end up bailing on their order, but I'm sure it's non-zero. It is frustrating from a prospective customer standpoint to see all this "inventory" but they're actually just ordered cars.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When I was searching for SQ8s one popped up in Java Green with Gray Oak inlays. Now some customer HAD to have ordered that and backed out, right? No dealer would be dumb enough to actually order it on spec, would they?

Actually, I LIKE the Gray Oak, and when I was in Graduate School I remember I wanted a lime green Porsche 911, green was (and is still) my favorite color. But on an SQ8??????
Old 10-30-2021, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 202 Likes on 154 Posts

Member Pabla has the same color in production on his RSQ8 , it will look awesome . Go Buy it !!
The following users liked this post:
Pabla (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SQ8westcoast
Member Pabla has the same color in production on his RSQ8 , it will look awesome . Go Buy it !!
Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

As I said, green IS my favorite color, I've had (in order) a 2001 Audi S4 (Metallic Green), 2003 BMW M5 (Oxford Green Metallic), 2007 MB E63 (Jade Green). Whenever wifey and I buy a new car our first choice is green, preferably a rich, deep or racing green. Unfortunately, car makers don't offer that very much anymore on the more expensive models, at least as standard.

It's just that the Java Green I saw was a bit too bright for me, at least at my age and on an SQ8, which I take to be more of a sedate model. Besides, this one had ceramic brakes and every option available.

I'll go away now.
Old 10-31-2021, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 202 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by nlk10010
Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

As I said, green IS my favorite color, I've had (in order) a 2001 Audi S4 (Metallic Green), 2003 BMW M5 (Oxford Green Metallic), 2007 MB E63 (Jade Green). Whenever wifey and I buy a new car our first choice is green, preferably a rich, deep or racing green. Unfortunately, car makers don't offer that very much anymore on the more expensive models, at least as standard.

It's just that the Java Green I saw was a bit too bright for me, at least at my age and on an SQ8, which I take to be more of a sedate model. Besides, this one had ceramic brakes and every option available.

I'll go away now.
No offence taken , Java Green is a bold color , not for everyone but the JG RSQ8s I've seen in pics look amazing >

Last edited by SQ8westcoast; 10-31-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: RS Q8 Order Coincidence?