Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Sun visor dissapointment

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sun visor dissapointment

My Prestige Q7 had dual sun visors on both passenger and driver sides. The Q8 has a single visor. I'm a bit light sensitive and liked the dual setup. I don't recall how they were mounted in the Q7 to know if the Q7 dual setup is compatible with the Q8. Has anyone replaced the single visor with a dual setup?
Old 04-28-2019, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmanRAM
My Prestige Q7 had dual sun visors on both passenger and driver sides. The Q8 has a single visor. I'm a bit light sensitive and liked the dual setup. I don't recall how they were mounted in the Q7 to know if the Q7 dual setup is compatible with the Q8. Has anyone replaced the single visor with a dual setup?
I was surprised by that as well. I had a strip of tint installed at the top of the windshield. Probably less expensive.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

The de-contenting continues to try and keep prices down. Very frustrating.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WausauS8
I was surprised by that as well. I had a strip of tint installed at the top of the windshield. Probably less expensive.
Thanks WausauS8. Have you posted a picture of the tint I can take a look at? Oregon, where I reside, has a 35% law, how dark did you go? Do you find the tint works well?
Old 04-28-2019, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks WausauS8. Have you posted a picture of the tint I can take a look at? Oregon, where I reside, has a 35% law, how dark did you go? Do you find the tint works well?
I went with 20% to match the back windows.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here's one more.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I had that same tint done to my windshield. It's a little disconcerting at first since it's not a "graduated" tint like some OEM windshields, but it does help. It took a little getting used to (my Q7 didn't have it) but overall I think I like it.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
I had that same tint done to my windshield. It's a little disconcerting at first since it's not a "graduated" tint like some OEM windshields, but it does help. It took a little getting used to (my Q7 didn't have it) but overall I think I like it.
I agree. It took a couple of drives before it wasn't "noticeable". Now I really like it.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI there I too am very sun sensitive. I have a 2017 q7 and just got a 22 sq8 similarly disappointing to see single sunvisor especially handy on my drive to work in mornings where sun beats from right side despite tint.
My q8 is in shop getting tint put in etc however once it's back I'm going to try and measure my Q7 visor and see if it fits if it does we can order Q7 visors.
Reply to this msg and I will keep you posted.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bootnet
HI there I too am very sun sensitive. I have a 2017 q7 and just got a 22 sq8 similarly disappointing to see single sunvisor especially handy on my drive to work in mornings where sun beats from right side despite tint.
My q8 is in shop getting tint put in etc however once it's back I'm going to try and measure my Q7 visor and see if it fits if it does we can order Q7 visors.
Reply to this msg and I will keep you posted.

what do you guys mean “single” sun visor? Like the passenger side doesn’t have the flip down thing with the mirror in it? It’s just headliner ?

Quick Reply: Sun visor dissapointment