Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Transfer Audi Connect?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Transfer Audi Connect?

I was told by AT&T that the Audi connect services aren't transferable but I thought I saw a thread on here that someone did just that (don't recall if it was AT&T). Maybe I'm remembering wrong since my searches aren't finding it. Has anyone successfully done this? Renewed for 18 months just before I was rear-ended and my Q7 was totaled.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmanRAM
I was told by AT&T that the Audi connect services aren't transferable but I thought I saw a thread on here that someone did just that (don't recall if it was AT&T). Maybe I'm remembering wrong since my searches aren't finding it. Has anyone successfully done this? Renewed for 18 months just before I was rear-ended and my Q7 was totaled.
Just give them a call (877) 505-2834 or go online and do a live chat. https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/overview#/
Old 04-29-2019, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmanRAM
Call the number for Audi Connect (not Audi Customer Assistance) listed on the web page & explain the circumstances (especially that the previous car was totaled).
I had just renewed my 2017 A4 for 30 months when I unexpectedly traded it in for a 2018 Q5. I spoke to a very helpful gentleman who explained that Audi Connect subscriptions were not transferable or refundable & after that obligatory response, said “but, let’s see what we can do, I’ll talk to some people & get back to you”. Two days later I got a call from him saying that they were crediting 20 months extension to the 6 month trial on the new Q5.
Not saying you’ll have the same response, but if you politely explain things it might be possible.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Call the number for Audi Connect (not Audi Customer Assistance) listed on the web page & explain the circumstances (especially that the previous car was totaled).
I had just renewed my 2017 A4 for 30 months when I unexpectedly traded it in for a 2018 Q5. I spoke to a very helpful gentleman who explained that Audi Connect subscriptions were not transferable or refundable & after that obligatory response, said “but, let’s see what we can do, I’ll talk to some people & get back to you”. Two days later I got a call from him saying that they were crediting 20 months extension to the 6 month trial on the new Q5.
Not saying you’ll have the same response, but if you politely explain things it might be possible.
I had paid for three years on my 2017 Acura when I decided to sell the car after one year. They refunded my my unused portion no questions asked. Different companies, different policy.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It would appear to be very dependent on the resource that answers the phone as well as indicating that the vehicle was totaled (sounds like an "accidental upgrade" would qualify as well ;-). The first rep blew right past my car being totaled, the second asked me to verify that the car was totaled and I bought a new one as a replacement. I am now told that the case will be transferred to "internal resources" who will review the case and the rep is "advocating for me". I was surprised that she said she'd be following up with me on Wed (today being Monday) or sooner if she heard something before then.

Thank you all for the input!

EDIT: The Audi Connect rep was the one who took notice of the totaling and repurchase who then handed me off to "tech support" who is sending it up to internal resources. I think the hand-off from Connect to Tech was the important one.

Last edited by rainmanRAM; 04-29-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

FWIW, I do this all the time for clients. While they can't transfer service, they will refund on a pro rated basis.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you paid with Amex, I have a gold card and use the card benefits often. For example I have AT&T cellular, and have horrible service in my new home. Basically no service in my home and was told to use my wifi to make calls. They also suggested getting an iPhone XR, which I did. Kept if for 2 weeks with no improvement and fought with AT&T to take it back. They told me after 13 days they can't take it back. I called Amex they refunded me $300 and I kept the phone.
Worth a shot to get something back provided you used AMEX.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I purchased a new Q8 and still had 10 months on my Audi Connect that was on my Q7. I called Audi Connect and then was transferred to Audi Customer Support who after speaking to someone - transferred my Audi Connect to my new car. I have owned 8 Audi's in the past ten years so that may have made the decision easier.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by LeicaNut
I purchased a new Q8 and still had 10 months on my Audi Connect that was on my Q7. I called Audi Connect and then was transferred to Audi Customer Support who after speaking to someone - transferred my Audi Connect to my new car. I have owned 8 Audi's in the past ten years so that may have made the decision easier.
interesting...I am guessing with that length of time left, they were able to do it...way easier!

For the last one I tried, (Q7 to Q7, the clients 18th Audi!) they couldn't, but, they did send a refund out for the remaining month on the old car

either way. I've found it easy to work with them, just a phone call