Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Wheelchair Ramp

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing new. The dealer has referred us to MobilityWorks for recommendations. Dealer maintains that the weight on the back is throwing off the system sensors. To make matters more complicated, when the car throws this error, the deal has to "align" the sensors as well as perform a wheel alignment. At the moment, the pre-sense is not working and we have asked the dealer to provide detailed error codes so we can provide this to whoever we choose to take it to next. At the moment, we have a really nice car that does not meet our needs
Old 08-20-2019, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Quick update on this situation. Had to drive the car about 700 miles with the wheelchair ramp and chair back in May. Cruise control failed about an hour into the drive. Have been driving it since and took it in to get this resolved this morning. Was told by the service manager that Audi may not cover the repair. My plan is to next hook up a trailer with and without weight to see if the same issues occur. (I have seen one post about pre sense failing after towing). My theory is that the cruise control will fail while trailering. If this vehicle can not function properly with the wheelchair ramp, it is not usable for us. If Audi denies my repair, what is my recourse other than seeking legal counsel?

Anyone else attempted to use a wheelchair ramp or tow a trailer that exceeds at least half of the stated tongue weight capacity (770lbs)?
Old 02-17-2020, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I wanted to close out this thread with a final update. After attempting, and failing, multiple times to tow within the defined limits of the Q8, Audi agreed to buyback the Q8 because the Q8 was not able to tow and have all the Audi driver safety options function at the same time. These systems have failed EVERY time I have towed or carried the wheelchair ramp. This Q8 does not have air suspension and I have to wonder if having air suspension would have made a difference. I can state that in my case, I could not tow and use adaptive cruise control for more than an hour or so before that and many other systems would fail. We really liked this vehicle, wished it could have worked as advertised. If you have a Q8 with air suspension and tow heavier loads I would love to hear from you. I am hesitant to purchase another Q8, even with air suspension, unless 100% certain these issues would not repeat themselves.