Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Will RSQ8 availability be limited?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Will RSQ8 availability be limited?

I live in Canada and the Audi RSQ8 web site says “ As numbers are limited, don’t wait! Reserve your new Audi today.” Audi are inferring limited quantities and looking for a $5000 deposit(supposedly refundable). I haven’t read anything that talks about these vehicles being on allocation but maybe they will be? I was waiting for the configurator to be up for pricing and see the vehicle at the Toronto car show in February before pressing the order button. I have read deliveries will be end of 2nd quarter of 2020. Anyone found information that says these vehicles will be in limited quantities and waiting may be a mistake?

Last edited by Canuckrover; 12-08-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting quote from Motor Authority - “ If it’s any indication of what Audi expects from the RS Q8, the RS 6 Avant is build-to-order, while the RS Q8 will be ready to go when you are.“ This certainly suggests Audi is producing considerable quantity of RS Q8 inventory and not limiting quantities
Old 12-18-2019, 06:40 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Canuckrover
Interesting quote from Motor Authority - “ If it’s any indication of what Audi expects from the RS Q8, the RS 6 Avant is build-to-order, while the RS Q8 will be ready to go when you are.“ This certainly suggests Audi is producing considerable quantity of RS Q8 inventory and not limiting quantities
Motor Authority seems to be the only one who knows the RS6 is build-to-order. US dealers anyway, seem to know absolutely nothing.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well the Audi web site saying RSQ8 “quantities are limited” appears to be in conflict with the concept of “will be ready to go when you are “ so maybe the magazine doesn't have it right?
Old 12-19-2019, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

The audience for both cars is limited...as such so will production be limited. There will be people who want each who unfortunately won’t get one, but not many. There isn’t a massive audience for either vehicle. They are more halo type cars
The following users liked this post:
critter6835 (12-20-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Once the configurator is up and I am happy with pricing and options, I will start to press the availability question with a couple of dealers. Also wonder if there will be any negotiating room on list price given the exclusivity of theses vehicles.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSQ8 Configurability

Originally Posted by Canuckrover
Once the configurator is up and I am happy with pricing and options, I will start to press the availability question with a couple of dealers. Also wonder if there will be any negotiating room on list price given the exclusivity of theses vehicles.
FWIW, I've been told by my dealer on the W.Coast of the US that the RSQ8 will not be configurable. They expect to see 2-3 cars this year and won't have any input into the specs. Expecting a 'First edition' and a 'Performance' spec.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My dealer says he has been told that Audi will be scaling back production of the Q8 next year. Doesn't bode well for an endless supply of RSQ8s
Old 01-17-2020, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SouthDrive
FWIW, I've been told by my dealer on the W.Coast of the US that the RSQ8 will not be configurable. They expect to see 2-3 cars this year and won't have any input into the specs. Expecting a 'First edition' and a 'Performance' spec.
By performance spec do you mean something more powerful than has been revealed so far or just a fully optioned version of what has been launched?
Old 01-18-2020, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please continue to post any updates here, as I would like to order a rsq8 in US but it’s hard to get updates or eta of when they will arrive. Seems as if it’s 8-10 months away from North America arrival but I’m hoping Audi can get it in much sooner.

Quick Reply: Will RSQ8 availability be limited?