Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

absolutely newbie questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2000, 04:27 PM
-S-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default absolutely newbie questions...

well, I will be getting an A4 probably in a few months, and I'm just wondering about a few questions

1) I never had a chance to listen to any stereo in the A4, so I can't compare. I did had a chance to listen to the Bose system in the TT 180QC with some techno, R&B, and Rap tracks. It doesn't sound bad (or my o'l busting Camry's stereo is ruining my hearing). Now, I've heard a lot of complaints about TT's bose system... is the A4's better, or worst?

2) what *are* the advantages of Bose? To be honest, I really don't feel like sacrificing my trunk space for a sub, nor do I feel like giving up the folded seats for that matter.

3) If I don't go for the bose, what are some ways that I can improve the general sound of the system w/o adding subs that will force me to give up my trunk space? Btw, I listen to techno, R&B, and Rap if that matters. I don't plan on rattling other people's mirrors either. Just nice, loud beats for myself only =)

4) as weird as it sounds... I do listen to classical music at times. Would a setup that favors my main genre of music be a compromise to listening to classical musics? Not that I really care, but I would like to know

5) My Camry's rear speakers seems to have this crackling/rattling sound when the base is up. What is this? Blown speakers, or just bad seal? Not interested in fixing... but interested in knowing (the thing is old anyways... nothing is worth fixing =p)

6) a year in audiworld, and first time posting here... weird =0

TIA! and sorry if my post don't make much sense to you stereo people... its just some questions on top of my head.

Sunny
Old 10-20-2000, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: absolutely newbie questions...

1. For the price that you pay to get a factory Premium installed system, you could get a BAD *** sound system with some quality parts that are over 20W peak.
2. JL Audio offers a stealthbox that mounts to the upper part of the trunk, and so you don't give up any of your trunk space or your folding seats.
3. step one, change that factory audi head unit. those things suck! then upgrade all of your surround speakers.
4. if you upgrade your surrounds and get an amp, your classical tunes will sound like you have a concert in your car.
5. possible ripped cones on your camry back speakers.

hope this helps