Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a pioneer premiere HU and run it in Pro/Network mode?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a pioneer premiere HU and run it in Pro/Network mode?

In standard mode, I can run Auto-EQ... which effectively gives me two equalizers that sum together. So I can tune the Auto-EQ to get flat response, and then use the preset EQs (and the two customs) for listening preferences for different music.

Looking at the manuals, it looks like if I go to network mode, I lose AutoEQ. I can live with that... what sucks is that it seems I only get one custom EQ that I can use on all inputs... so I can't have multiple EQs suited to multiple types of music.

Is that correct?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm running my DEH-9400MP in network mode. I have no need to change EQ settings.

I need the unit to be in network mode because I'm running a fully active front stage. Since I've had it set up this way, I have never felt the need to change EQ settings. The additional features available through the network mode by far outweight the ability to change EQ settings but you'll only benefit from those features if you're using all three sets of RCA outputs. I think the time alignemnt was the thing I gained from the most.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I'm stuck...

I want to be able to adjust the EQ for a flat response... I have a real time analyzer, so I can do that.

But I also want to be able to individually time align the components in the front.

So yes - I would be running seperate amp channels for highs, mids, and sub.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So you're saying you want to be able to EQ to a flat response but want to be able to change it too.

I guess my question would be are you ever going to listen to it tuned flat or are you doing it just to have a setting that can be set to flat. I had mine tuned to where it sounds good to me but not necessarily flat. I've never really though a totally flat system sounded very good. It sounds, for lack of a better word, "flat". It sounds like all mids. I usually like to see a little bit of a rise in the low end with a slight rolloff on the top end.

The one downside to using the time alignment is that it really screws the sound up for everybody else in the car. When I had a friend help me tune he thought something was wrong with it because I forgot to tell him it was delayed. When we switched seats, he had much better things to say.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I would prefer to have multiple EQ presets

for different types of music.

the more I look into this, though, I don't have that option.