Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know the bose thing has been beat to death, but not sure what I am suppose to do...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know the bose thing has been beat to death, but not sure what I am suppose to do...

I got a 96 A4 quattro with bose and basically after I bought my headunit and me and my friend were trying to install it we realized it wasn't going to happen. I have the Kenwood KDC-MP822 MP3/CD headunit and after looking at every friggin post on this forum that deals with bose I was hoping maybe I could get some direct answers. At first I was going to order a wiring harness that I seen on websites located in the the UK and even emailed to ask if their wiring harness would work for my bose system. Ofcourse tehy told me it would, but I im still kinf od unsure about just getting the wiring harness because what if the sound quality sucks. Anyways so now im debating either to get the wiring harness or just get all new speakers. If i get all new speakers, i'm a college student so i'm basically broke but I would take a good deal if I saw one. Basically what Im asking is...

1. Should I go for the wiring harness or just get the speakers?
2. If I were to get the speakers, which speakers should I get for nice clean sound, better than my current bose (would they all have to be teh same brand?)
3. Should I get teh MB Quartz adapters or just get 4" speakers for the front.
4. If I were to get the speakers, would I have to get an amp too? I am not sure if my MP3/CD headunit has a built-in amp and if it does how would I know if it had enough power for the speakers.

I do plan on gettin an amp and a sub later, but considering the fact that I am a little low on dough, I just want to have better quality speakers than my bose and actually be able to listen to my mp3 cd's without using one of thsoe damn cassette-cd converters.

some1 please respond, it would suck that I waited this long to actually ask a question and i get nothing...

-Saqib
Old 09-20-2003, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would get new speakers instead of the harness...

I don't think the harness will fix your problem. The bose system has funky impedances (speaker resistance) so its not really compatible with aftermaket equipment.

So get new speakers. That will give you the best sound in the end. Since your short on $, just get front speakers first and power them from the head unit. I'm sure your head unit can power them and it should be pretty decent. You should go for 5.25". Find adapters or make your own. Later you can add rears, but thats depends on your preference. Some people don't like rear fill. Then add an amp. It'll give you more power and the sound will seems more fuller and of course you can play it alot louder without distorting. Then finish it off with the another amp (for the sub) and the sub.