Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need claification on the Bose pin and recoding my Symphony II HU. (avincar??)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 06:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need claification on the Bose pin and recoding my Symphony II HU. (avincar??)

I'm having TeddyBGame make me a custom harness to allow me to keep my stock HU while upgrading the front component speakers, and adding amps and a sub. He is going to give me the ability to ground the Bose pin, but I'm uncertain of it's exact functionality.

I think grounding the Bose pin changes the output of the Symphony II HU to a flat and unmolested signal. Is this so? If I ground the Bose pin, do I have to recode the HU to Bose as well? Also, if I do these things, does the HU still allow for bass, mid, trebble and fader adjustments as normal?

I'll be searching for my answers, but my initial searches didn't give me anything.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Based on our testing, grounding the pin changes the OP - I think VAG-COM only changes powerup screen

I have only tested this on CAN radios. I believe that the GALA VSS data that used to be on the GA pin began being carried in the CAN bus, which later allowed that pin to be used as the Bose pin.

But I have seen the output of the radio change in response to this pin's being grounded regardless of VAG COM setting.

You might want to get either the True Audio laptop RTA or the Phonic for this kind of test, they are getting pretty inexpensive...
Old 11-22-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. A question though...

I have a couple of RTA programs (one I believe is True Audio - demo version), but I was never sure of what mic to use. I tried my Radio Shack analog meter this last winter with my home stereo setup. Using the correction factors across the frequency range for the meter yielded VERY odd results that I obviously couldn't use (I also think the RS meter is weak for upper frequencies). I ended up just giving up. Can you point me to a mic setup that would be decent and not cost a bunch of money? I'd make the investment just because I'm that much of a fanatic about the accuracy of my stereo systems.

I'll try the pin both ways and listen to see what I think.

Thanks again.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

coding to bose will also change it from 2 to 4 channel line out.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:14 PM

Can I recode my HU to Bose with my $20.00 fleebay cable, or do I need a real one?
Old 11-23-2006, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

lets chat via email.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:06 PM

Email sent...
Old 11-24-2006, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No it doesn't, the line outs are all live, it might switch off the front amp but that's all
Old 11-24-2006, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

i think it varies with B5/C5 and B6/B7. C5/B5 are like this. Weird.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Any info you've got

I'd appreciate it!

I'm getting ready to ground out the pin myself. Just need the bottom removal keys... I only got the top ones originally... grr

Quick Reply: I need claification on the Bose pin and recoding my Symphony II HU. (avincar??)