Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iOS 11

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iOS 11

Since updating my iPod to iOS 11, it no longer functions correctly with my 2017 Q7. Mostly okay, but strange behavior. Any insights from the community, will Audi fix their interface?
Old 12-20-2017, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

How do you know it's an Audi issue or software bug? You said you changed the software on your Apple device and then started to have problems...

Last edited by leolarry; 12-20-2017 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by leolarry
How do you know it's an Audi issue or software bug? You said you changed the software on your Apple device and then started to have problems...
iPod works fine disconnected from Audi, multiple reports issues with iPhone after upgrade on Forum, so I have assumed Audi issue. Did try factory reset of iPod, etc., to no avail. Seeing entries in MMI that don't exist, including songs/playlists, etc. Hesitates switching songs, sometimes even plays next song, but the display is frozen on previous song....
Old 12-21-2017, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jrmathis
iPod works fine disconnected from Audi, multiple reports issues with iPhone after upgrade on Forum, so I have assumed Audi issue. Did try factory reset of iPod, etc., to no avail. Seeing entries in MMI that don't exist, including songs/playlists, etc. Hesitates switching songs, sometimes even plays next song, but the display is frozen on previous song....
It used to work. You changed Apple software. There are issues now. It's an Audi problem. OK.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Semantics. When either the source or the client make a change in software causing incompatibilities, the "blame" is usually shared. Is it the sole responsibility of the data provider to ensure that all hardware will be fully compatible or the hardware provider make changes to comply with the updated software? Almost always the answer is neither - they should both work together to resolve issues.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Semantics. When either the source or the client make a change in software causing incompatibilities, the "blame" is usually shared. Is it the sole responsibility of the data provider to ensure that all hardware will be fully compatible or the hardware provider make changes to comply with the updated software? Almost always the answer is neither - they should both work together to resolve issues.
Thank you. I was just looking for advice from the community, changes to my iPod settings, or my Audi MMI settings, or other suggestions. Clearly APPLE is the big gorilla in this field, and they expect others to respond to them. Did not mean to impune Audi, but looking for advice, and it seems far more likely Audi will adapt to Apple than Apple will adapt to Audi (or others....have also rented GM products, and the interface to APPLE products is terrible)
Old 12-22-2017, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

iOS 11 made major changes to the software which have affected all sorts of integration products.

For example, NavTV and Naviks both have smartphone mirror hardware for cars that had to be redesigned after iOS 11. I know because I installed one of their devices about a year ago, and now it doesn't work. Lucky for me, Naviks has offered to swap my device for the newer one for free.