Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

subwoofer for audi s4

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subwoofer for audi s4

im getting an s4 and im trying to decide whether or to spend extra money to put the subs (2 10" JLs or one 12") in the cabin or should i just put them in the trunk. i feel like it would sound better in the cabin, but if it sounds the same in the trunk then i dont need to spend extra money to put them in the cabin like so:

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/audi-sub.jpg
(trunk obviously)

or:

and also what wattage would be enough to get really loud and possibly shake the car, but also be able to be quieter so i can listen to punk rock or something
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Parker W. Rusack
im getting an s4 and im trying to decide whether or to spend extra money to put the subs (2 10" JLs or one 12") in the cabin or should i just put them in the trunk. i feel like it would sound better in the cabin, but if it sounds the same in the trunk then i dont need to spend extra money to put them in the cabin like so:

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/audi-sub.jpg
(trunk obviously)

or:

and also what wattage would be enough to get really loud and possibly shake the car, but also be able to be quieter so i can listen to punk rock or something
That picture is pure over kill and probably damage the water tight seal on that window. A single 10" will do just fine with the S4. What you want to make sure of is clean power, and isolated frequency response. Also, I suggest sealing the speaker in a non-ported enclosure if possible. This will give a nice clean response on bass, rather than a drawn out wump wump wump that is no where near what a kick actually sounds like. I plan On using a 10" low profile dvc Boston Acoustic with a class D Alpine amp. It will be filtered to 20Hz - 150Hz.