Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Traffic Report' popup

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Traffic Report' popup

Apologies if this has been covered before, been scouring and couldn't find anything.

Regardless of the current source playing, the radio will occasionally pop up a message about a traffic alert and switch the tuner to a local station, which is always just playing music at the time.

The accompanying message is something to the effect of "Traffic report on 97.1 - Push (power) to cancel"

I can't find anywhere to disable this notifcation. The dealer claims it's a Sirius thing, although I just had a loaner without Sirius and it happened a few times.

Anybody happen to know what this is and how to turn it off? It's kind of annoying.

2014 RS7 w/ B&O

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

I've never seen this in North America. I know Europe has TMC over FM radio and if there is a traffic announcement it automatically switches to the appropriate radio station. In North America, SiriusXM provides traffic data (TMC), but it feeds directly into the navigation system. Occasionally for severe traffic alerts you can get a popup like the one below, but I've never had it change to a radio station. Either way, this wouldn't be Sirius as 97.1 is an FM station. Where are you located? Maybe they are experimenting with TMC over FM in your area. There is no setting for it, though, because technically the United States and Canada don't have TMC over terrestrial radio.
Attached Thumbnails 'Traffic Report' popup-wp_20140831_13_08_34_pro-15098122245.jpg  

Last edited by superswiss; 02-17-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Steigs,

I drive the same model RS7 as you do (mine has Bose and Sirius), and have never observed the system behavior you describe.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Found a few other threads around the web about it, but no solution to turn it off.

Superswiss, yeah, best I can tell, it has something to do with a few local FM stations here as a component of the TMC standard. It's unknown where the trigger signal is originating from though. Apparently the same thing has been happening in my friends Ram truck as well. I'm hoping to have a chat with someone in engineering at the local station today.

In the Audi, it looks very similar to this (found the photo in another thread MMI: "Report on XXXX-FM - Cancel with I/O" - AudiForums.com ):
Attached Thumbnails 'Traffic Report' popup-auditrafficpopup.jpeg  
Old 09-06-2017, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is driving me crazy. Just started yesterday. I'll be listening to the radio on one station, then all of a sudden "Report on / Cancel with [power button icon]" will pop up, and local 102.3 will start blaring its music. In the instrument panel it says "Traffic reports on" while it's happening.

Totally new behavior. Unable to listen to the desired station for more than a few minutes. No idea how to turn it off. Infuriating.

Have tried disabling Traffic Reports in the Audi Connect settings menu as well as disabled automatic traffic-based rerouting in the NAV. No luck with either.

Last edited by Raiden256; 09-06-2017 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just spoke to my local service guy. He's fielded about 60 calls today from local Audi owners. Current theory is that the local radio station is broadcasting on some signal that's tripping the traffic report feature normally reserved for Europe. It's under brand new management, and it's conceivable that they're doing something wrong, but I'm still of the opinion that if i disable traffic reports in Audi Connect settings, that should be the end of it. Local service guy is working with regional Audi service people to investigate and/or work up a fix....
Old 09-06-2017, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

The option to disable this would be under the Radio settings, but since the feature is not supposed to be in use here, Audi is hiding that option for North America, however, it looks like the feature is actually active in the background. That's kinda annoying. They should disable it altogether.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Getting the same issue in my Audi A6. I'm in Louisville, Ky. It started 2 days ago and occurs every few minutes. For anyone else with this issue, where are you located?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by berny313
Getting the same issue in my Audi A6. I'm in Louisville, Ky. It started 2 days ago and occurs every few minutes. For anyone else with this issue, where are you located?
Yep. Louisvillian here. Driving me NUTS.

Anybody know if there's a way to maybe disable this using VAG-COM programming?
Old 09-07-2017, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Seemed to have resolved on my trip home tonight. Maybe somebody at 102.3 figured something out.

Quick Reply: 'Traffic Report' popup