Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Attacking first major detail soon...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attacking first major detail soon...

I've been doing a little research and would like your guys' input. Forgive me if using search more meticulously would've made this thread obsolete, but here's what I've got planned so far:

(I'll be detailing my brilliant black A4 and my sister's black C240, one at a time.)

I was thinking of purchasing this <a href="http://www.autopia-carcare.com/sfx.html">Sonus SFX Polishing System</a> which consists of the SFX-1, 2, and 3 solutions along with SFX-1, 2, and 3 foam pads to polish and finish both cars.

The Audi has collected some swirl marks over the past year which shouldn't be a problem removing, but the Mercedes' previous owner appears to have utilized a drive-thru car wash system which reveals some nasty fine scratches under fluorescent and direct sunlights. I am planning on using a PC 7424 to apply all three solutions (in numerical order).

Am I on the right track with this? Is there something missing from my regimen besides washing the cars beforehand? Perhaps there are other products that will work better? If so, which ones? Any pointers? I appreciate any input, as I've never tackled a detail of this caliber and don't want to screw up! ;-)

As far as me using the PC, I've read the instructions <a href="http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-pc7424.html">here</a> and feel pretty confident for it isn't rocket science . However, any pointers regarding this will appreciated as well.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Everything looks good except I have one suggestion.

Clay the cars first. It will make a huge difference. Also, do your sister's car first. That way you will be over the learning curve when it comes time to do your car.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Sweet, thanks. My sis' car is definately going first, no question about that. ;-)
Old 01-13-2005, 05:43 PM

2nd the clay.