Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Can anyone point me to...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My sig holds what you seek.

how often do you go through all the steps listed?
Old 07-26-2003, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Another thing

I have Nogaro 2001 S4 so I can tell you a bit about keeping the car clean.

So from the very beginning.
Spray the car down with water
Wash the car using the sheepskin mitts and two wash buckets. Use your pinnacle soap, it is good stuff.

See if the car needs any claying once you get it. If it does, clay it using a soap/water mixture.
Wash it again, then see if the paint needs swirl removal. If it does, use the 3M swirl mark removal with a PC7424 and a white pad. If that doesn't work try it with a yellow pad. Finally if that doesn't work, pick up a bottle of 3M Perfect it III MG..this should get all the swirls out and isn't too abrasive and try a white pad, then a yellow pad. Once that is done, put on a coat of Klasse AIO. Once you have put it on over the whole car, do it again to make sure you didn't miss any spots. Then remove. Apply 1 coat of Klasse SG. Wait an hour or longer and remove. Wait 24 hrs, then put on another coat. remove. Wait 24 hrs. Remove. Then put on another coat. Wait 24 hrs, then put on another coat. Remove.
Finally, put on the p21s wax Pinnacle Souveran. Put it on a panel at a time, then remove. Wait a day, and put another layer of wax on. Then wait another day and put on another layer of wax. You might as well clean the wheels and put klasse on them too to make them a lot easier to clean in the future. Rewax every month, re-Klasse every 6 months, and repolish every 6 months if it needs it.

For interior, you might just want to treat the vinyl with vinylex or 303, nothing harsh. You don't really need to clean the leather since if its new its clean already. Wait a few months for that and just use lexol.
Good luck!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So basically tell my dealer not to touch the car?
Old 07-26-2003, 05:28 PM

Yup..tell the dealer not to prep it for best results. The dealer won't put in the same care that you would when he does the initial prep.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Do you suggest using the PC7424 on any of the Waxes? Or just the glaze and polishes? I read on Autopia about using it for waxes as well. Thanks again for all your help!
Old 07-26-2003, 07:38 PM

Well you can use it for liquid waxes such as liquid Pinnacle Souveran, or for liquid sealants such as Klasse, etc. Applying liquids may spread the product more evenly and may even use less product since all you want is a thin layer.

Generally its not recommended for paste waxes as the right paste waxes are exceptionally easy to apply by hand and it uses less product. You can still do it but it doesn't necessarily save any time.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:41 AM

Default One important point... wait for wax/polish...

Find out when the build date of your car is/was. You don't want to wax or polish your car for at least 30 days after it was painted. Some people say 90 days (I know carcareonline says 90), but it seems the generic answer is 30. My car recently got a dent, so I have to wait to do the work.

Apparently IHG is the lone exception, but I'll be damned if I am going to be the one to test that theory.

Oh, and I am VERY jealous. Good luck with your new car!
Old 07-27-2003, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: One important point... wait for wax/polish...

Thanks, Yea I know for a fact I wont see it for at least 30 Days from build date. The cars are being built, sitting in both US and Euro Ports for at least 1 week plus travel time. Damn audi cant get there act together with pricing and EPA stuff. Oh well, But thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not true on factory paint. Factory paint is UV cured and can be waxed the minute it comes out of

the cure booth. Repaint at your local body shop should not be waxed for <b><u>90</u></b> days.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default These are the best & most complete detailing routines...

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/detail/msgs/8409.phtml">2k2s4's Brilliant Black Routine</a>

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/detail/msgs/14545.phtml">Troy's Version</a>

My weak attempt at documenting <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/detail/msgs/14276.phtml">my routine</a>.

And an oldie but goodie...<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/575294.phtml">Ted K's routine</a>.

Quick Reply: Can anyone point me to...