Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Got some stuff from Detailers Paradise, just not sure in what order to use this stuff.....TIA

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some stuff from Detailers Paradise, just not sure in what order to use this stuff.....TIA

Pads for orbital buffer:
White
Yellow
Orange
Wax/Polishes:
Einszett:
Express Polish
Metallic Polish
Ultra Paint Polish
Paint Polish
3M:
Rubbing Compound
Liquid Wax
Imperial Hand Glaze
Old 06-22-2004, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I did some looking and found a good answer...

On tonight's A-Team, DM-S4 has an old friend who's a AudiWorld Detailer. But his friend has a big problem. A rival AudiWorld Detailer is trying to drive the friend out of business. The rival has already scratched the car his friend's mother, and tried to steal a Turtle Wax.
The rest of the team arrives to help. Detailers Paradise, is tremendously attracted to the pretty girl who works with the AudiWorld Detailer, but she prefers RickM. To further complicate matters the team is being chased by the AudiWorld moderators.

The A-Team has a fight with the men of the rival AudiWorld Detailer. RickM says, ''GPEC and Blitz will fix anything''. DM-S4 throws two guys through a window. Detailers Paradise gets a black eye and RickM doesn't even break a sweat.

But the A-Team is captured when the rival's boss, Dr Swirl Mark, shows up with twelve guys carrying uzis. The A-Team is locked in a garage. Detailers Paradise says, ''better buy more buffing pads''. Hannibal comes up with a plan. They build an armored Audi S8 out of Porter Cable 7424s and odds 'n ends.

The A-Team escapes and goes into Dr Swirl Mark's territory, guns a-blazing. ''All I wanted was destroys car paint, and that Turtle Wax was the key.'' complains Dr Swirl Mark, as the A-Team leaves him tied up for the AudiWorld moderators.

''I don't know what to do with this polish'' says DM-S4.

Fini
Old 06-22-2004, 07:27 PM

Default lol...lighten up on the meds Scott

Sounds like a great idea for a sitcom !!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:32 AM

I understood nothing except "pretty girl."
Old 06-23-2004, 10:38 AM

Default My handy little chart will help.

It's good practice to start with the least abrasive product and move your way up if necessary. Once you become familiar with your paint and how it reacts to polish, you can begin with a more agressive combo. Remember, an agressive pad/polish combo will need to be followed by a lighter combo to remove any marring or hazing. If you decide your car needs the UPP and a yellow pad, you will likely need to follow with at least the PP and an orange pad.

For the 3M stuff, the rubbing compound would pair with the yellow pad. Your paint would have to be in pretty bad shape if you were to go this route. An example would be a red car that looks pink. The IHG would be last step before wax.<ul><li><a href="http://www.detailersparadise.com/pdf/PadToPolish.pdf">Pad and polish chart</a></li></ul>
Old 06-23-2004, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ridiculous!

You know I don't use GEPC! LOL

But hey at least the pretty girl was attracted to me. Got her phone number? :-p
Old 06-23-2004, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

perfect.