Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

New 2009 products from Meguire's

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:58 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your goals are quite clear...good choice in product. Neighbors will be impressed.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default maybe some of us enjoy the quest for perfection in something that isn't too important

you seem to have confused the ideas of servitude and accomplishment. please feel free to find comfort in mediocrity, but don't expect the rest of us to follow.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default "Quest for perfection" is stiffling in an imperfect world.Something less esoteric, like cost/benefit

Connect the dots and open your mind a little rather than repeating the played-out theme of "only the best" which seems like a madness more than a hobby. How about a simple analysis of cost/benefit? Just the fact someone might shun that objective standard is troubling in itself, srsly.

Ok, a new car, a polished car, every car will sustain the dreaded micro-marring in daily use. After a huge investment in time and effort and of course a few $100 in detailing supplies, your car and my car will both sustain some imperfections. The difference is I will re-do mine without getting mental and making a huge investment in time/effort. My car is FAR from "mediocre", don't you get it? I wash it all the time and think it compares well to anyone here on a climate and miles driven basis. Where it wins out by far is the effort expended to get the last 1% of shine or whatever. The Law of Diminishing Returns kicks in hard.

I fully appreciate the Zen aspect of washing a car that will get dirty again, but the spurious claims of otc waxes being inadequate is a mental condition called "true believer syndrome".

lol, chasing invisible scratches, polishing clean paint, 5 coats of wax, hundreds of dollars and hours of your life ignoring everything except you car's paint and envoking the justification it's "a rational demand of perfection"....you don't see an issue with that? A nice clean waxed car is not enough? That, my friend, is borderline psycho. A good friend would tell you so. I still love all my peeps here, but want to inject some rationality, and maybe some OCD meds too. Jesus.<ul><li><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_believer_syndrome">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_believer_syndrome</a</li></ul>
Old 01-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default glad you have everything figured out. can we wrap this up now?

seriously, debating the merits of o.c.d. on a detailing forum? are you high?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol