Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

PSA: Please read the tech article and/or use the search function before posting any more "This is

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSA: Please read the tech article and/or use the search function before posting any more "This is

my plan for my new car." posts.

Thank you for your support.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:03 PM

are you kidding me? thats about half the traffic this forum sees!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:28 AM

Default I agree, human interaction is highly overrated...

geez, come on.

I agree that we can do without the "what's the best wax question", but otherwise I think we are seeing a lot of people doing their homework and looking for feedback. Isnt that what this is all about?

Or we could just shut down the forum to new posts and include a link to www.autopia-carcare.org That should do it.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts
Default yes...

I have been on this forum since 2001 and read many things about detailing from the search function, but when it came time for me to actually do it, I really wanted some personal feedback - that is all.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: PSA: Please read the tech article and/or use the search function before posting any more "This

I searched them and read them. Here's the thing, though: they're pretty intricate--probably too intricate for my needs. I don't have a PC, a garage full of glazes, waxes, and polishes, or two days to detail my car. I want to protect my car so it continues to look good 5-7 years down the road; I've done a decent job of this on my current car, but I think I can do better by using better or different products, working in a different sequence, etc. For example, I never knew about Dawn's "ability" to strip protectants, used cotton towels instead of flowing water, a squeegee, and microfiber, and had never heard of clay.

Thanks to what I read here, on Autopia, and at Griot's, I was able to come up with something that I thought would suit my particular situation, and asked about that, and I appreciate S4Bloom's response.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:56 AM

Default On other forums (like VW Vortex)

they make stickies of FAQs and "Read this before you post" to deal with this kind of stuff.

But as others have noted, once you've read up on the matter, you can ask questions. But don't ask before reading the FAQs. Can we get Jason to make a stickie or a flashing box at the top of the first page?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm all for human interaction, but why keep posting the same thing? A simple search will quickly...

show that yes, Wash, Clay, Polish, Cleaner, Wax is the correct order.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

PSA: Don't open thread you don't want to read or believe to be annoying to you
Old 01-20-2005, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default As one of the long time regulars, I read just about every thread in this forum. However, lately

there's been a real rash of these types of posts, all asking the same thing. There were three on the first page last week. The basic question of order of steps is easy to find, either by searching or by reading the tech article.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(it's a losing battle..I've tried to tame the S4 forum for months...)

Quick Reply: PSA: Please read the tech article and/or use the search function before posting any more "This is