Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Tire dressing dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lol.. thanks ...

I've been using it for about two years now with no problems, applying it about twice per month.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think spraying down your tires with Simple Green will definitely remove whatever is left...

I didn't do that. I was putting the endurance on probably once a week. However, even at it's best, it just doesn't compare to the ERV. And someone here pointed out another use for ERV this week that I hadn't thought of; they use it with a rag on the rubber gaskets around the windows. It is also great on the black rocker pannels of the car (doesn't apply to the S4 since they're body colored, but I used it on my A4 and I still use it on my wife's Jetta).
Old 04-29-2002, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I haven't seen One Grand available at any local stores, however, Larry Reynolds of Car Care

Specialties sells it in Gallon jugs which is definitely the way to go as far as cost is concerned. Also, if you order on Monday, you'll have it by Friday, and he usually throws in a sample of something you haven't ordered to try out, like a dash brush, or a micro fiber cloth, or some foam Q-Tip type swabs for detailing, etc. Very nice touch.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Pete, you may want to try out the ERV as it will do a really nice job of making the rocker pannels

and bottom edge of your front and rear bumpers a really nice black finish. That's what I use on my wife's Jetta.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:56 AM

What about Zaino Z16 or 303 Protectant? I don't think they have silicone.
Old 04-29-2002, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default i have been using eimann fabriks Black Opal

came with the car kit I bought from them. Huge 32 ounce spray bottle. very shiny. pleasant bubblegum smell. but very slippery stuff.
so far I have not been impressed that any of this stuff lasts much more than a week.

may try the one grand next time
Old 04-29-2002, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Expert

heh, funny - my g/f has a Jetta. So, all I need to do is get an S4 and we'll be even ;-)
Old 04-30-2002, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I like their Clear Vision glass cleaner. Haven't found anything to compare.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not unless you marry her!! I like the Jetta, it's a nice change to jump in that car with the

automatic and take it for a spin. Pretty peppy response, it's just not an S4. I also love the memory seats that are keyed to the remote, so my set of keys for her car (I keep them separate from my S4 keys; can't stand large key rings) automatically resets my mirrors and seat when I disarm the alarm. Kind of bumbed that my WAY more expensive S4 doesn't have this. However, her car does have something I don't like; the rain sensing wipers. THEY STINK BIG TIME. There are times it's misting and the rain just doesn't build up enough on the sensor to get them to move, so you're stuck turing them on and off every couple of minutes, or just doing it manually by pushing the washer stalk down to mist. Then, there are times when it's barely raining, and the rain is hitting the sensor just right, and they go every two seconds. I like our setup much better.

Oh, and I've always disliked our window controls. The problem I have is if you want to just crack the window, and you tap the button, the window goes down all the way. PITA if you ask me. On the Jetta, there is actually a point which you have to push the button past to get it to do full auto up or down. So, if you tap the button and don't push it all the way down, it works like a normal window. Alot nicer. The Jetta has a way better trip computer also if you ask me.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default agreed about our window controls - a major PITA ...

How is the Jetta trip comp different from ours? My g/f's Jetta is a basic 2.0 GLS, so it does not have any of the nice additions you mentioned.

Quick Reply: Tire dressing dilemma