Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

What Is The Best Wax for Audi A4??? Puhleeze Help ^_^ Newbie ^_^

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Is The Best Wax for Audi A4??? Puhleeze Help ^_^ Newbie ^_^

Hi Ya'll,

I've been told my B6 A4 forum to come here ^_^ Newbie here with lots of questions @_@ I will be taking a delivery of my Dolphin Ultra Sport A4 1.8T this Saturday and wanted to get yow opinions on detailing. Is it okie to Wax your car right after the delivery??? Is there a FAQ on detailing A4's inside and out on what products to use and how to clean it??? My bro drives 325ci Titanium Silver uses P21s or Sonax, Wheel Cleaner, and Blitz Grand One Carnuba Wax (This stuff is hard to apply @_@). Also what is the best place to purchase the detailing supplies online??? Thanks a lot and look forward to hearing lots of good advice.

Cheers,
Sol
Old 10-15-2003, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

s-e-a-r-c-h
Old 10-15-2003, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: .....>>>

I have a Dolphin gray B6 as well. It sure does help if you do a detail routine after you take delivery. Look at this link for pics after I detailed my Dolphin Gray A4...
(COPY and PASTE this link)

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=285631&page=2

As for "BEST" wax to use...there a few you can use. Klasse is what I use and it works great. Some peole use Zaino, P21S, Pinnalce.or Blitz. All are good. Just depends on you. Go to Autogeek.net for all your needs.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:58 AM

Re: .....>>> Thanks and Nice Set Up Dood !!!
Old 10-15-2003, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you think Blitz is hard to apply you either 1) Have not properly

prepared your paint for wax, or 2) Are a lost cause for detailing because Blitz is one of the easiest waxes ever to use.

As for the FAQ, try going to the Tech section where all the FAQs are. Just a suggestion.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:49 AM

Default Learn from my 6 months of wisdom...

1) tell the dealer that you don't want the car prepped. They will give you free swirls.

2) yes you can wax right off the lot. Blitz is easy to apply and fairly easy to remove. Get yourself a closed cell foam pad and a few microfiber towels for buffing. Apply a very thin layer and let sit for at least 30 minutes, but 2-3 hours is even better.

3) depending on how frequent you want to wax, Blitz is a great choice. But beware, it stains your trim and can be a little tempramental on dark colors, not to mention dust attraction. I switched from Blitz to S100. IMO a better looking wax, but not as durable. So you have to factor that.

Since the car is new, I'd pick up a mild polish like P21s GEPC or 3M IHG. Wax (see above). If you want sealant (do a search on Klasse or Zaino). You'll need a good QW. One Grand show off is pretty good if you want to stay in that family. Otherwise Meguiars and Sonus make good products. You can use Blitz on your wheels too. I like One Grand ERV on the tires, but there's hundreds of choices here. If you've got leather seats, Lexol is pretty handy. A mild shampoo, P21s makes a pretty good one. A handful of closed cell foam pads. Get yourself some waffle weave micro fiber towels for drying, a good chenille or sheepskin mitt for washing, and then a dozen or so microfiber towels for wax/polish buffing. Finally some ammonia free window cleaner. That should keep you busy.

There's varous websites listed on these boards to visit depending on what sort of products you're looking for.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:16 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default What is the best chip for an A4?

As you're probably already aware, that question on the B6 forum will inspire the usual line of thinking...
*Has this person even bothered to search the forums for feedback on the usual suspects? Do they even know who the usual suspects are?

Frankly, the same applies when posting on the detailing forum. Numerous people have taken the time to write post after post, giving people advice, providing reviews on various products, giving people criticism on their detailing techniques. Take the time to read and research. Ask specific questions...demonstrate some level of knowledge, and people will be happy to help you. If you want to be spoon fed, I'm out of silver spoons today.

BTW, I'm giving you this advice, in spite of the fact that I'm standing in your shoes. I recently bought another car...one that I know nothing about. I'm surveying online forums to gather information on maintenance practices, some OEM improvements that can be done to the braking systems, common issues with these cars, etc. It's overwhelming reading all the posts. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack. Still, if I'm going to learn anything, it's all part of the process.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:33 AM

Werd, Thanks Totally Understand... Thanks Though ^_^
Old 10-16-2003, 06:37 AM

Default I noticed that, too. I agree, Blitz is very easy to use (m)

so perhaps you may want to get some instruction on how to use it properly.

Soulman: Detailing isn't difficult, but it does require a somewhat critical eye, a bit of knowledge (learned here) and a awful lot of sweat and hard work.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

and don't forget to read the book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance."

Quick Reply: What Is The Best Wax for Audi A4??? Puhleeze Help ^_^ Newbie ^_^