CURSE AGINCOURT! (LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CURSE AGINCOURT! (LONG)

Brake Caliper : $460.
New Brake Rotor : $700
Rebuild Brake Rotor: $350
Not-letting-me-get-my-car-back-cuz-of-safety-issue : *(&#^*@(&#^$*(@&#^$*(&@^#$*&@^ #$

OKay, I dropped off my car at Agincourt Audi because the rear brakes were making funny sounds and such. Okay, the guy call back the next day quoting 460 to get new calipers. I said Okay. Then he calls again the next day, quoting me $700 to replace my rotor! I told him to stop doing anything to my car because my parents are not in town, and I dun have f@cking $1000 on me. So I called my bodyshop, and they quote me $400 to have everything done! so I was like wtf and I call back Agincourt and told them to let my car go. Then their supervisor calls me and tell me that he cannot let the car go because there is no brakes, and it would void their license. So I told them that I would toll it home but they still say they couldn't do it. Then I tell him that I want MY car back home now, and he said,"No, I can't give you back >your< car". "Right..." I thought. And Now I am going to leave home soon, and i am going straight to audi to get MY car back.
Just wanted to release my anger
Old 07-29-2004, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good luck and let us know the out come.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Kind'a sounds like they're holding your car for ransom...

Weird that they won't even let you tow it away.

I'm no mechanic or legal expert, but that does sound a little odd to me.

I too would be interested to know how this turns out...
Old 07-29-2004, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not to defend Agincourt or anything

But try and call them back and in a calm voice and request that they put all of the original stuff back on.

The only thing I can think of why they can't give your car back is that they may have thrown away the pads and hence they can't return the car back. Technically they should have contacted you before they did any work with a full list of items that needs replacing versus what they did.

Guaranteed you will get a followup call from Audi so again, in a calm voice, give them the appropriate score and the reasons behind it. These numbers are VERY important for the dealer and low scores tends to bring unwanted attention to them from how I understand it.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:39 PM

Default As a new Audi owner, I'm not impressed with Autohaus

I've never seen a dealer with so many online complaints.
Compared to other luxury dealers, the Autohaus service waiting area is junk. Poor lighting. No leather couches. No free snacks/cappuccino/etc.

Last time I went, there was only one person serving customers while they had several other people behind the counters giggling and chatting.

My old Acura dealer offered free loaners and had a big chart showing their maintenance prices versus the competition.

Unfortunately there are no other Audi dealers nearby and I believe that is one of the reasons why Autohaus service is so poor.

Greenbelt VW near Kennedy/407 beside MB/BMW should be expanded into an Audi dealer.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Man that dealer sucks big time. More than once on this board they have had bad reports.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Agincourt Autohaus sucks

overpriced bunch of crooks IMO.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Good luck and let us know the out come.

I know now not to drop off my car there. That really sucks. How is Owasco for service? I am picking up my car there tomorrow and obviously will need service in the future.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:42 PM

Default An Update on my case. (LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

I went and guess what, the guy-in-charge is not here. So I ask the other mechanic, to get someone who can make decisions and get them to talk with me. Then he goes, "Oh! I am the one who have been working the longest here". "okay," I said, "well, if I really want to toll my car away, you guys have no liability what so ever, can I just sign some paper and let me toll my car". Then he BS: "Um, I don't know." WTF is this BULLSH@T!? he said he have been working for the longest time and he doesn't know such a simple thing? So I really got pissed off, ask them to give me a free loaner cuz i have work! Nope, no free loaners, and no loaner to me cuz i am not 21. I just don't get it. Next time I buy an Audi, I am going to buy it at the nice big Audi Dealership in eastern Toronto along 401. It looks better and bigger at least. So if I am gonna get mad at audi stealerships becuz of crappy service again, next time I at least get to argue on a nice big leather couch with a cappucino in my hand.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:44 PM

Default where is the one in Owasco. oh yea. I learned my lesson.

Check with your own bodyshop about prices first before you drop off your car at audi. Chances are that it will be 50% cheaper in your own bodyshop who use the same parts, more friendly, and more importantly, no crazy labour cost.

Quick Reply: CURSE AGINCOURT! (LONG)