Developments in the Canada Chapter of ACNA

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Developments in the Canada Chapter of ACNA

Greetings fellow Audi enthusiasts. I feel it is timely to update you via this forum on recent developments in the Canada Chapter.

Your ACNA Canada Chapter executive has decided to create two new chapters for Canadian Audi enthusiasts. The first will be a B.C. chapter serving owners on the mainland and the island. Yukon owners may want to join this chapter. The second will be a "prairies" chapter, serving owners in the 3 prairie provinces and the Northwest Territory.

Once these chapters are fully incorporated and Boards elected, then you will see a more responsive club structure - still connected coast to coast - that can meet the needs and interests of local enthusiasts.

The existing "Canada" chapter will be re-named and focus on Ontario, Quebec and the four eastern provinces. Again, this will take time and energy so don't look for any big changes this year.

Finally, I would ask all Audi owners to consider joining ACNA and serving on the Board of their respective chapter. Like all clubs we value your help and ideas. If you want to get involved, please contact Karen at the ACNA head office (262-567-5435) and she will forward your enquiry to the appropriate board member.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to new dynamic and interesting chapters in 2006.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Now all we need is VW Canada to give us a written release on using the name ...

We are totally stuck here in BC, everyones contacts seem to be useless as no one seems to be willing/able to give us a written release on the use of Audi in our name to complete our registration.

If anyone can help out with this we would be very appreciative.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm not a lawyer . . .

but I regularly deal with lawyers in the corporate environment. I don't intend to sound unkind, but if you don't know what your doing you may get a nasty legal letter.

I suggest you give the Audi Club of America a call and ask them for their help and advice. There probably is a good chance they will pick up the ball or direct you to who-ever handles this stuff in the Canadian Chapter.

Generally speaking if you are dealing with VW/Audi you want to make yourself bullet-proof by HIDING behind Audi Club of America (if that's their name) or the Canadian Chapter assuming its registered. You should also speak to a Canadian Lawyer.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: I'm not a lawyer . . .

I remember that VW had a mechanism whereby you could submit your club info to VW directly and they would then authorize you to use some things on the club site, like 'officially recognized club by VW Canada' or something to that effect.

Not sure if there is a mechanism on Audi's site for something like that.