o/t: realtor's response to us

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o/t: realtor's response to us

folks, yes it's o/t but i was looking for your feedback on this response from a realtor we worked with last time. currently looking to list our house. we 'interviewed' them through a house visit last weekend but similar to last time they felt too pushy (husband and wife duo). the are very 'english' and the dialect may be coming through in their response but i think it is an inappropriate response (esp. 'disturbing'). what do you think?

"We were very disappointed to receive your e.mail and cannot understand why you would have not asked us if we could reduce our commission, or at least give us the opportunity to offer it which we would have clearly done.

We worked very hard for you to get the house and have kept in touch with all the updates so you would be well informed about the market, and to have people behave in such a way is disturbing especially when we only tried to look after your best interests

x & x"

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:09:56 -0700
Subject: Listing
To: (agents)

"Hello xand x,

After much deliberation we have listed the house with another agent. Please understand that we think the both of you are great and would do a fantastic job but we have decided to use an agent that is charging less of a commission fee. We have enjoyed using you in the past and will continue to recommend you to others.

Thank you,"

(us)
Old 07-01-2008, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I feel that you should've given them the opportunity to perhaps lower their commission...

As a commission salesperson, it is sad to lose a sale when you know you could have done the same or better for a client. Specially, if you've followed up and kept in touch with them and more so if you have already worked for/with them.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default You lied.

Well, almost.
You implied that you did not go with them because of the commission/cost, when in reality, their pushiness was the reason you elected not to use them.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default well, you can simply respond to them that you would have expected them to give you their

best "price" (comission) in the first place not have to beg/ask for it.

With the fact you made them some significant money in the past, you would have assumed a price break in future dealings.

Seeing how I don't "haggle", I can understand this point. I would also inform them that their response to you is also bringing out a feeling you had of thier pushyness that also, but not fully contributed to their losing the option in working on this a future dealings.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:39 AM

Default Re: i agree

i agree 100%. that was my intention when i sent the reply...that i would not have to 'haggle' at this point. thank you!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:40 AM

Default Re:

i guess i could have, but i thought they would automatically do this considering the environment out there. thanks man!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:40 AM

Default Re: You lied.

i'm going to respond one more time with that fact in there. if they're not holding back, neither will i
Old 07-01-2008, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Exactly my thoughts. They were playing a game and lost.

I think they counted their chickens before they hatched. They clearly did not give your proposal to sell the attention to detail they should have.

Perhaps with the housing market now in decline and lot of people headed for the exit door that is only so-wide, they are dealing in quantity and not quality.

It's the last sentence that got me... like you still owe something despite having paid thousands in commission to them previously. Glad these guys will be falling on hard times soon!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 AM

Default Re

you worded that so well i feel like cut/ pasting that back to them!!! LOL. EXACTLY my thoughts. thanks
Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
SMO
AudiWorld Member

I agree with Alex. If you have a relationship already, they deserve a price-match opportunity.

Quick Reply: o/t: realtor's response to us