Police have no obligation to protect you unless you're a criminal or other person in custody.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Growing up near a village outside of Regina, my Dad would take his rifle to school with him most

every day. So would other kids. Nobody thought anything of carrying a gun to school. They just hung them up in the cloak room.

They would shoot various critters for fur and/or meat as they walked to and from school. This being the 30's, times were very hard. $0.05 for a small fur was welcome income. My Dad was the youngest of 9 and his Mother widowed shortly before he was born, so money was extremely tight, and he had to make every shot count.

My point is that attitudes have changed. Now the gun holds a mystique, whereas it used to be it was just a tool. The cowboy gunfighter legends seems to have played a part in that. Now the gun is a quick and easy equalizer.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait.. you grew up in Saskatchewan?

What village do you speak of, Moose Jaw?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default According to my friend at 52 Div..............

They jokingly refer to it as "to swerve and reject".
Old 02-14-2008, 09:20 AM

Default that could also be argued with

you aren't hassled because you're older... cops target younger people and are looking for them to commit any sort of offense?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I find a lot of it is about the type of car you drive... not necessarily how you drive.

When I was cruising in any of the GTR's, in the TT 300ZX, I had my plate run on a bi-weekly basis. Any time a cop would see me, they'd pull in behind me and tail me for a while... up to 15 minutes once (doing the speedlimit before, during and after). I've been pulled over in almost all of the cars mentioned above and yet never once had a citation written against me. Usually the police just threw out a "just doing a routine check" or "these cars are stolen more" reference.

In the Land Cruiser and the S4, I haven't been pulled over or had my plate ran once. The Land Cruiser because they know it can barely make it to the speed limit and the S4 because they have no idea how fast it can get to the speed limit .
Old 02-14-2008, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Nope, Dad did. He and his brother hopped the rails out west and built their own fishing boats

near Prince Rupert.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 PM

Default a comment.....

That's a piker compared to what really goes on and whats kept under wraps. Its far worse then you think. Having lived on the east coast in the US, the police there are just a bunch of thugs. The rule of law in local courts is a farse. I hope things don't get that bad in Canada but some of the stuff coming out of the Vancouver RCMP does not look too good.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:00 PM
YMJ

Default thats messed up.. but normally police do help!

but those cases are really REALLY ****ed up.. got my blood boiling!

ive been pulled over 3 times so far with the S4 last month, no tickets..

it really matters what car u drive! it really REALLY REALLY does!

and as long as the police have no clue what an S4 is.. we're good to go ..

the speed limit that is :P lol
Old 02-14-2008, 04:47 PM

Default a comment....

Or it could read" to serve ourselves and protect our coffers". All joking aside,the problem is they profile heavily, have little to no independant oversight and have absolutely no transparency. If your not in their profile then fine, otherwise, watchout. The public is somewhat under the guise that police help or get rid of crime which is completely false. If one looks at crime statistics, it has alot more to do with the state of the economy and the levels of education. You could half the levels of local police and it would not do anything to most crime numbers, except save alot in taxes.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It's pretty transparent in the US that the police, traffic courts, and systems surrounding

them are there to collect money for the city. They pass over stranded motorists and all sorts of emergencies to set up speed traps and the like. It's also why the driver license standards are so low - create a large dumb pool to exploit.

When I came to the US I respected police. Now I view them as armed thugs to be avoided at all costs. They can not only empty my wallet, but throw me in jail for no sound reason, and see no personal consequences for their actions. There is so little accountability, and the only ones to pay for legal action against police are the taxpayers. The police just hire more officers to set up more traps.

Stay on top of your local politicians and encourage everyone you know to vote, sign actions, etc. Always fight a ticket to make it expensive for the city.

Quick Reply: Police have no obligation to protect you unless you're a criminal or other person in custody.