Any SW Side Window Tint Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any SW Side Window Tint Recommendations?

Finally going to get the front windows done on the Q7 and looking for a place that does quality work.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Clenz
Finally going to get the front windows done on the Q7 and looking for a place that does quality work.
What he said! Except on my A8L. That new law is awesome!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

This place does great work.

http://www.vukswindowtinting.com/
Old 03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are not on the SW side, but Epic Garage in Batavia has started doing my cars. 630-430-6042 Bob. Did the front windows of my Pathfinder and they look great. I already had my Audi done before I found this guy. I will keep using him.

By the way, what new law came about in IL about front window tint? Not that it ever concerned me as I have been tinting every car since I was 18.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
They are not on the SW side, but Epic Garage in Batavia has started doing my cars. 630-430-6042 Bob. Did the front windows of my Pathfinder and they look great. I already had my Audi done before I found this guy. I will keep using him.

By the way, what new law came about in IL about front window tint? Not that it ever concerned me as I have been tinting every car since I was 18.
It's a little complicated, but you may have up to 50% on all your side windows now with a dark interior. I believe you can go as far as 35% with a lighter, tan or white interior. The rear window can be limo tinted to your desire.

This is huge for me as I have always been pulled over in any vehicle I've tinted -- always at some point in IL.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, it does seem complicated. Everyone likes to have their own opinion on what is dark and light. What is gray for instance? That is IL law for you though. HAHA.

I was only caught with two of my cars. A Pontiac Grand AM when I was 18 and my Acura CL-S when I was in my early 20's. Both were two doors. Evern since then I have had 4 doors and never a peep. Do you drive an A8? I would imagine they would leave you alone and figure successful business man. At least that is what I go with and I just drive an A6.

Here is a trick I always do. Take pics of the windows rolled down a bit to show there is no tint (obviusly before you tint) Then if you get caught bring those pics in to the judge and tell them you took care of business. Just make sure it is not date stamped (the pics). I did that with my Acura. Busted for lack of front plate and tint. I brought in pictures from the first day I bought the car (3 years before my court date). They passed the test and tickets were dropped.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

lol That's funny. I've heard of people doing that and I guess I could see showing a pic of the car w/out tint working. But what about the new Cook County $185 mandatory court fee? That puts a pinch on things too. I've usually represented myself in Traffic Court and won for speeding tickets, and then a few years ago thet started this crap about a mandatory fee. The Judge comes right into the court room and spells it out and follows by saying "and I don't want to hear any complaining about this fee either."

What a bunch of BS. Okay, I'm off my soapbox now...
Old 03-13-2010, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default The law deals with % of tint and previous tint.

The way my tint guy explained it was if your vehicle has no tint installed, you can do 35% all around. If you have tint already - like most SUV's and minivans, you can only do 50% on the front driver and passenger windows. I'm compliant on the RS4 but on the Z06 I could have problems as the rear hatch window is darker than 35%. Oh well!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh, I didn't consider tinting over tint. I'm looking for 50% with UV protection. Any darker and it's harder to see at night (for me) and I don't want to attract the wrong attention.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry - I didn't explain it well - if your rear windows have a factory tint like many SUVs do, you can't get the two front doors done any darker than 50%. My car had no factory tint, obviously, so I was able to get the maximum legal of 35% all around. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Any SW Side Window Tint Recommendations?