Going to Chicago - What to do - Any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Chicago - What to do - Any tips?

Hey everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Chicago for a few days beginning of May. Last time I went to Boston, the places I liked the most were references by fellow Audi enthusiasts. Let's see if the Chicago peeps can do the same!

I'm looking for your tips as to where to eat, what to do and where to go. Any suggestions? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you staying in the city or any of the burbs? I am a suburbanite myself, but one place I really enjoy eating at in city is Cafe Iberico. http://www.cafeiberico.com/ It has been so long since I really tied one on in the city, but John Barlycorns (wrigleyville location) was always a bar I enjoyed. Not sure on your age, but there is always the tourist fall back plans like the museums, Grant Park, and the lake front. The city also has great steak houses. Hit up a Cubs or Sox game as well. Personally from a neutral chicago baseball fan (they do exist), Sox park has better food and get a 100 level ticket and you can walk the whole park and see the sights. However nothing beats the experience of a Cubs game at Wrigley. Hope this helps and maybe some of the other more chicago based members can help with some smaller hole in the wall places.