Events Discussion Discussion forum for Audi events, shows and happenings

Audi at the Concorso Italiano - August 14th, Monterey, CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi at the Concorso Italiano - August 14th, Monterey, CA

Hello everyone.

The Monterey Historic Races, Pebble Beach Concours d' Elegance, Auctions, etc.. car week in August is rapidly approaching - any AudiWorld folks planning on making trip to Monterey the week of August 10th?

If you haven't been to the Concorso Italiano, it's a fantastic event with a long history on the Monterey Peninsula and it is under new ownership and management this year. The venue just moved BACK to a golf course (Laguna Seca) after being held at the Marina Airport last year - which probably helped precipitate the sale (a lot on negative PR from many who remember the days of Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley). If you purchase a "Non-Italian Display Vehicle" package, the following is included:

* Entrance for your registered vehicle and two vehicle occupants
* Two vouchers for the Italian Vehicle Hospitality Pavilion
* Event Goodie Bag
* Collector's Magazine (while supplies last)
* Preferred parking in the Non-Italian corral directly across from the event

The Non-Italian Display Vehicle fee is $150 per vehicle through June 30st, $200 after. I know, I know.. this is a lot of dough, but it's one of the premier events of the week! Here's a link to register.

www.concorso.com/index.htm

The Concorso web site has a "Registered Participants" link that will be active soon so we can see who else is attending (besides me!).

I have been corresponding with the Concorso Italiano event coordinator and she assured me that if we get 12 Audi vehicles registered, they will reserve an Audi specific area in the corral. I have also contacted ACNA Golden Gate chapter about possibly scheduling some kind of club event that week or at least advertising this event, but sadly, you will not find ACNA under the Concorso "participating clubs" (BMW, Corvette, Mercedes-Benz, Miata, Porsche, Viper). All of these marques have numerous events planned in Monterey but the ACNA, GG and SoCal chapter event calendars are conspicuously silent so I'm trying to drum up business on my own.

If you're planning on attending this event, please register & let me know!

Later.. Scott
Old 06-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Paging April!