Events Discussion Discussion forum for Audi events, shows and happenings

Sonoma -- Audi Driving Event

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sonoma -- Audi Driving Event

Others have posted post-event reviews, but I feel compelled to add my $.02 to the list.

In a word, the experience was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Just driving onto the property last week was an adrenaline rush, and with Team Suzuki partnering with GoPro for the video taping intro of the new camera, it was a busy day at the track.

Kudos to Andrew, Dane and Randy who did a great job in teaching/training/coaching us from start to finish. Class time was brief but interesting, and before we knew it, we were behind the wheel practicing the slalom course and controlled turns. Then after a quick de-briefing and fine tuned instruction, we were on the track in the TTS, S4, S5 for all-day lapping -- and a final 10 laps in the awesome R8. The ability to drive aggressively, pushing the limits of the cars while being coached along the way, was a dream come true for both my wife and me. These cars perform at limits that would put other cars into the infield.

IF you EVER get an opportunity to do the driving event -- either in Sonoma or elsewhere around the country -- do what you can to avail yourself of the opportunity. You won't be disappointed.
Attached Images